Pickens to throw money at Bill Self

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Sounds like a good plan. I figured I would do most of that. Invest the money in things that will generate income that I could in turn donate to the community and charities across the globe. I would not work any more but instead would probably have a little fun here and there and donate alot of my time to helping those charities with my own hands. Not trying to be a saint or anything, but I have to figure that i didnt work for that money so it really shouldnt be kept in greed.

I would be more along the lines of:
1. Pay current debts
2. Invest some (start new business' and buy in as a partner to others).
3. Invest some in interest and dividend type investments
4. Toys, toys, toys, and more toys. (More racecars so I can race almost everynight somewhere from Feb. to October, a couple jet skiis, some 4 wheelers, yeah that should take up about all my time).

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I would be more along the lines of:
1. Pay current debts
2. Invest some (start new business' and buy in as a partner to others).
3. Invest some in interest and dividend type investments
4. Toys, toys, toys, and more toys. (More racecars so I can race almost everynight somewhere from Feb. to October, a couple jet skiis, some 4 wheelers, yeah that should take up about all my time).

If you win before I do, can you pay off my school loans for me. I hate them. Oh and maybe throw in a Snickers bar.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Illinois to KU is a no-brainer. The fact that he made some money on the deal is gravy.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I was down in Okie this week for work and the sportsradio shows down there were going nuts to get sean sutton out of there. It was pretty funny.

Can you fire a coach if the court is named after his dad?

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
If you throw a buch of money at a broke person, guess what, they are going to be broke in no time. If someone can't handle $50K, how do you expect them to handle $5 million?

I guess I don't see what the big issue is about Self going to OSU for the money. Isn't that what people are taught to do their whole life? Go out and make as much money for yourself as you can? If you left Principle to go work at Wells Fargo for more money, would you not be respected by your family and peers?

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
I always thought Rick Majerus would be the first college basketball coach to die on the sideline until I saw Sean Sutton. Dude does not look healthy.

I knew this guy once who won the lottery with 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 but the numbers were cursed and everything he used the money for was a disaster. Then his plane crashed. True story.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
I always thought Rick Majerus would be the first college basketball coach to die on the sideline until I saw Sean Sutton. Dude does not look healthy.

I knew this guy once who won the lottery with 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 but the numbers were cursed and everything he used the money for was a disaster. Then his plane crashed. True story.
Yeah, I seem to remember hearing about that. Was his name Hurley by chance?:wink:

DMBclone

Nov 27, 2006
Kansas City, MO
Jim Rome had Self on and he popped him the question about going to OSU. Selfs response was that first of all he isn't going to talk about a job that somebody already has and also he said that he likes where he is at and no place gets any better than KU. I don't think he is going. Boone would have to throw up some major $$$ for Self to go I think.

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee

You should write that into a television script!

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Johnny Orr came to ISU for the $$$$.

Michigan wouldn't give him a raise.

Excellent point...I believe ISU called Orr to inquire about Bill Frieder (one of Orr's assistants at the time) and after learning what we were willing to pay...Johnny threw his name into the ring!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron