ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
I get "requested page could not be found" when I come to the site. Home, News, Forums, etc. show on the left side of the page.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Currently getting pop ups and downloads on mobile. The video ads have been noticeably more the last few days

Reactions: sandiego

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I was having issues with logging into CF on an Edge browser for the last few weeks. I discovered that the link I had bookmarked used the non secure link. I changed my bookmark to the https link and it now works great.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
FIREFOX, laptop
Why am I all of a sudden, on some pages here, getting "install Flash" and an immediate redirect to these sites with download windows?
performquickintensively.icu OR
performfreeintenselyapplication.icu OR
performintensleystrongapplication.icu OR
performspeedyintenselyapplication.icu

Flash support by Adobe and Microsoft is done at the end of this year, so I hope its use is being phased out of this site. In the meantime.

Also, using Chrome laptop, I got an autoredirect to Dear AT&T customer, congratulations... marketwatchkevinoleary.xyz Website.

I won't be on the site with all these redirects, etc. Please address soon!

Tony Gunk

Jul 12, 2017
NE Iowa
FIREFOX, laptop
Why am I all of a sudden, on some pages here, getting "install Flash" and an immediate redirect to these sites with download windows?

Flash support by Adobe and Microsoft is done at the end of this year, so I hope its use is being phased out of this site. In the meantime.

Also, using Chrome laptop, I got an autoredirect to Dear AT&T customer, congratulations... marketwatchkevinoleary.xyz Website.

I had the same issues this morning.

sandiego

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
Entire site has been locking up on my mobile device (iPhone). Front page loads but then just sticks there, nothing works.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I've been able to do it by copying the image and pasting into the link box under the insert image button

tenor.gif

Reactions: cycloner29

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
FIREFOX, laptop

Getting this type of browser redirect as well. Not good.
Who knows what **** these things would install.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Entire site has been locking up on my mobile device (iPhone). Front page loads but then just sticks there, nothing works.
I just posted elsewhere how you might use Firefox Focus as a content blocker in Safari:

I haven’t had the same problems, but neither was I here at the same time today they were being reported by others.

If people are having problems in Chrome, it is possible to sync your Google bookmarks with Safari (via iCloud), which I had pretty good luck doing with Firefox (instead of Chrome).

See the discussion here:

Mileage may vary.

More recently, after what I said in that link, I decided to go ahead and download a brand new clean version of Chrome to use for limited purposes (e.g, document and bookmark technical computer and software issues). I am syncing Chrome on this new PC with iPhone and iPad only, and I will not sync it with Safari.

I am aware of one or more of ads people are talking about on this site, or have talked about, from using a browser on the new PC (before I had installed an ad blocker, which I did then pretty much immediately). I believe that is the only place I have seen them (not at all on iPhone or iPad).

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm definitely over thinking this, but I can't seem to find anywhere where to start a new thread. I don't believe I've made a new one since the update to the site, but I'm completely lost.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm definitely over thinking this, but I can't seem to find anywhere where to start a new thread. I don't believe I've made a new one since the update to the site, but I'm completely lost.
Forum List> Choose the forum> It’s at the top.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Chrome on Android is now not letting me access the bold/italics/insert functions on forum posts. just started happening in the last day or so. Anybody else?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Using Chrome on a laptop I get a message that I need to allow popups, which I am doing. It does not seem very consistent. One day it will give in the error the next it will not. Edge seems to work fine.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I don’t know about “new”, but on the front page the fifth frame of the rotating story headers is just blank. Black, nothing there. No text, no image, no link. On Safari on my iPhone. I think it’s fine when I’m on Firefox on my laptop.

Has been that way for a few weeks. A couple months or more? Finally soaked in that I should mention it, since it didn’t “get better”.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
This is exceptionally minor and not a broken issue, but could the notice pinned notice at the top of every page about the upgrade be dropped or shortened?

Feels like it's been up long enough and scrolling past it every time i hit a link for a story on the phone is annoying when wanting to quickly get to the story content.