Poll Question: Did you see any of the NCAA Men's Volleyball Championship over the weekend?

Did you see any of the NCAA Men's Volleyball Championship on on Saturday Night (replayed on Sunday)?

• Yes

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 46 85.2%

• Total voters

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Just curious if any Cyclone Fanatics caught a glimpse of what was exciting for us here in Hawaii (Hawaii won to claim their first title in men's volleyball).

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I saw the last two points. The crowd was pretty cool....this mesmerizing dance thingy.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I didn't watch it live but recorded it so I could watch it the next day.

Man, BYU kind of just had a mental collapse in the second and third sets. I was hoping for a little more drama than we were given.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
I guess I didn't even know mens college volleyball was even still a thing.

Yeah, you have company there. It's interesting how men's volleyball has pockets of interest and is played professionally in Europe, but the college game is only streamed or televised for the national semis and finals.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
I didn't watch it live but recorded it so I could watch it the next day.

Man, BYU kind of just had a mental collapse in the second and third sets. I was hoping for a little more drama than we were given.

Yeah, BYU seemed off in the last 2 sets and UH definitely capitalized on that. It was nice for them to win convincingly, but better receiving play from BYU would have made the win even more satisfying.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I watched the replay Monday night. Hawaii flat controlled the whole thing. Was really fun to watch with my daughter. The serving in the Men’s game is on such a different level.

Also watched the Field Hockey national championship. That game takes some serious athleticism!!

Reactions: HawaiiClone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Yeah, you have company there. It's interesting how men's volleyball has pockets of interest and is played professionally in Europe, but the college game is only streamed or televised for the national semis and finals.

I suppose it is like track and field, or team handball, where it's kind of a big deal in other countries but just not really followed much here.

• Agree

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Locally Grand View has a team. There are men’s volleyball clubs at the high school level in Iowa. There is a kid from Johnston going on to play college volleyball but don’t remember where.
Grand View just won the NAIA National Championship a couple of weeks ago too. They have one of the best players in the country, regardless of school size, in Felix Chapman.

I know the kid from Johnston you are talking about. I imagine he can go pretty much wherever he wants.

• Informative

Help Support Us

Become a patron