Pollard had to have known....right?

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I mean the presser was just on Monday. And in 3-4 days we lose 4 players. Albeit CB, MG and DB was somewhat expected. But Ham?

Pollard made it a point to reference all the returning starters and players...DB and Ham were in that conclusion.

Do you think he knew?

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Everything I've heard is... no, no he didn't. Could be bad info though.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
Everything I've heard is... no, no he didn't. Could be bad info though.

I wouldn't expect the AD to know. I would expect the head coach to know. If Gmac did not know then he is not doing his job or at the very least is not engaging himself at a level with the players to anticipate or "feel" what is going on with the players attitude and feelings. These types of situatiuons do not just happen over night.

So a kid decides after TWO YEARS that all of a sudden he is homesick to such a degree that now he has to go back home and the coach is unaware of the situation?

Yeah, real hard for a small town white boy from Utah to adjust to Ames in the year 2010.
But yet Orr was able to bring inner city kids from Michigan who stuck it out and thrived.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I wouldn't expect the AD to know. I would expect the head coach to know. If Gmac did not know then he is not doing his job or at the very least is not engaging himself at a level with the players to anticipate or "feel" what is going on with the players attitude and feelings. These types of situatiuons do not just happen over night.

So a kid decides after TWO YEARS that all of a sudden he is homesick to such a degree that now he has to go back home and the coach is unaware of the situation?

Yeah, real hard for a small town white boy from Utah to adjust to Ames in the year 2010.
But yet Orr was able to bring inner city kids from Michigan who stuck it out and thrived.

This is what smells like poo. There is obviously more than being 'home sick'.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
JP had to have known. Mac had to have known.

Seriously...The players get done at about 11pm Wednesday....probably got home Thursday sometime....in that span of time, Ham meets with the staff and says he's out???...MattandMiller tweet he's gone early Friday morning. Something isn't right with that flow of events and information.

Seriously, this had to be in the works. Mac and JP had to have known on Monday that player defections were coming.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron