Pollard Health Announcement

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I don't think so.

It's the most common cancer for younger guys but don't think that means it's any different for older dudes. It's just that other cancers are more common in older peeps (for guys prostate etc) , probably same percentage but outranked.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr.bannedman

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Dang that sucks. Sounds like early detection so that's good.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
My heart breaks for JP, but knowing there are incredible advancements with cancer treatment.
Here at MD Anderson, they have excellent "markers" and surveillance techniques to monitor antigen activity and Imaging techniques to locate the tumor, then robotic surgery / pin-point accurate radiation to destroy and prevent metastasis .
Get well *coach* - we need you !

J Mast

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 14, 2017
I like that he threw in the Campbell quote. How could he leave now? Jaime pulling out all the stops. Love that guy.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY and Dormeezy

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
Sounds like he caught it early. very promising diagnosis and outcome. get well soon Jamie.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
Running the gamut of emotions while reading that.
Best wishes and prayers sent.
Hang in there buddy.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Announced he has testicular cancer. Tough deal after his heart issues a few years back.

Had it in 2002. It was quite advanced. Waiting another week to see a doctor, according to my oncologist, would've been fatal. If I wasn't as healthy and fit as I was, my prognosis would've been bad. But, the healthier you are the more they than can 'poison' you to kill the cancer. Mine had advanced to rule out other forms of treatment. Spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years in the emergency rooms due to the very 'odd' timing of tests and treatments. It's a cancer with a tremendous success rate. But if it does return (which, again, is unlikely) it can be devastating. Logarithmically, over time the chances of return diminish. Out side of one thing missing, life returned to normal. For Brian Piccolo it was fatal due to lack of treatment options in his time, but for Lance Armstrong it was conquered with only nausea as a side effect. For me, they even had the nausea under control. Oddly, apple fritters were both Lances and my solid choice of food during treatment. One lesson I learned (which no doubt people will have differing opinions) is that the outpouring of well-wishes was overwhelming. Not to be mean, but I'd have preferred a 'quieter' recovery period. But, hey, I was much more popular back then. :D

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Dude has dealt with ISU getting crapped on for 17 years...this is nothing...

seriously though praying for a speedy recovery and a clean bill of health.

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA
If they caught it early its take the nut and done. One of the easiest cancers to cure if they catch it early before it spreads too far.

They know that it always spreads first to the lymph nodes in the back, so for younger patients they push towards removing the lymph nodes rather than chemo. It's not a fun surgery though, speaking from experience. Probably seems less scary if you have had open heart surgery...

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and NENick

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
My dad was supposed to hear Jamie talk at that event they mentioned, but Jamie cancelled "for medical reasons."

It kinda makes sense now.

Get well soon, Jamie. Sounds like he's on the right track for sure.