Pollard On Student Section

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
There is a huge student run event on campus today. ISU dance marathon at the MU. Lots of kids there and couldn't make the game. Don't be so quick to judge.

Apparently someone forgot to tell Pollard about it...

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
JP is also trying to remind students why they oversell the student section by 1000 tickets. You can't complain about not getting in for the KU, Iowa or Michigan games if you don't sell out a Saturday afternoon game.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
JP is also trying to remind students why they oversell the student section by 1000 tickets. You can't complain about not getting in for the KU, Iowa or Michigan games if you don't sell out a Saturday afternoon game.

He's got a point, but the timing is really poor. Save it for a Q&A, or for the next time students gripe about being turned away from a game. Right now is not a good time to be calling students out...

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
As khehr said, today was Dance Marathon, (raising money for cancer). If you tried selling your ticket but didn't, that's fine. If you didn't try, what the ****? I don't sit in the student section so I honestly don't care but Pollard saying something about it is actually a big footnote.

PhiCy

Nov 12, 2011
I believe Dance Marathon was going on today. I believe that's what I donated money to, anyways. I find it hard to speak negatively against a cause like this.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I was telling this to the people I went I the game with... I don't have an once of sympathy for the students who didn't get in to KU/Michigan/Iowa... If they showed up to every conf game then there would be no need to oversell...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I didn't even realize that we oversold student tickets? So what if you show up with a ticket, but aren't allowed in, I would assume you then get a refund, correct? You can't be denied something you paid for, can you?

I can't say I like the policy of overselling tickets.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
He's got a point, but the timing is really poor. Save it for a Q&A, or for the next time students gripe about being turned away from a game. Right now is not a good time to be calling students out...
Agree with this. He could time this stuff better. Plus over twitter it comes across as snarky. Not a good look for a Big 12 AD.
Plus if students are busy raising money for cancer research, kinda hard to knock them for that.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I didn't even realize that we oversold student tickets? So what if you show up with a ticket, but aren't allowed in, I would assume you then get a refund, correct? You can't be denied something you paid for, can you?

They get refunded. Students are so wishy washy they had to oversell or they would always have seats open. Even in big time games.

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011

I am with JP 100 percent on this. Correct me if I am wrong but the student section didn't sell out for the KU game this year. I was at the game and it looked like there were seats open up top. I am all for overselling these tickets if students aren't going to show up. Or implement some type of tracking system that gives priority to students who use their tickets.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

Yes they get a refund.
The decision was made by student leadership to allow more students the opportunity to buy tickets.

http://view.tmclient.ticketmaster.c...787d60057d74&camefrom=EMCL_191157_9884101&r=0

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron