Pop-Tart-Gate 2023

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Not a big X’er… I assume people are disappointed and outraged?
From what I've seen on Twitter I'd say it has been overall very well received. I personally loved it. The toaster bit was well done.

Also, the mascot as a whole was wonderful. Mocking the officials (even smacked one on the ass), force feeding journalists Pop Tarts, and generally being goofy.

Add in the announcer straight up calling out the Duke's Mayo Bowl and it was an A+ Bowl Game.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
think its getting raving reviews

probably doing wonders for their brand

eating the "live mascot" was a stretch, for sure.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
From what I've seen on Twitter I'd say it has been overall very well received. I personally loved it. The toaster bit was well done.

Also, the mascot as a whole was wonderful. Mocking the officials (even smacked one on the ass), force feeding journalists Pop Tarts, and generally being goofy.

Add in the announcer straight up calling out the Duke's Mayo Bowl and it was an A+ Bowl Game.
There was a shot of the ref laughing pretty hard with the pop tart next to him that was pretty funny.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
What’s everyone’s favorite flavor? Mine is blueberry
Mine too. Fun fact - in Oct 2021, I got Covid really bad and my sense of taste went all screwy. However, the one food that I could actually enjoy/taste during my bout with Covid was STRAWBERRY PopTarts (all other flavors had a sickening metallic taste).

Reactions: Nococy

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

This historic moment needs a thread of its own. A day that will go down in infamy. The travesty that was the blatant rip-off of the Pop-Tart gig.

It’s not a mascot if somebody isn’t in it - it’s basically a cake dispensed out of a fake toaster. The hype that thing had and the letdown would be like Iowa going to the Rose Bowl and playing against cheat-code McCaffery.

I don’t know that I have ever felt more cheated, robbed, and lied to than I am right now. Travesty! Blasphemy! Heathens!

Kids everywhere deserve a world where these types of horrible events don’t occur.

So you wanted to cook the mascot with a guy inside?

Reactions: Jer

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
This bowl and the Duke's Mayo Bowl are my new favorite outside of the big ones. They knew exactly how serious to take a bowl game between two teams with 7-8 wins.

It even got my wife to hang around and watch the end, only for them not to show it after teasing it every 5 mins during the game.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife