Possible Recruit

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Memphis guard Roburt Sallie to leave school after graduation - ESPN

I have heard in the past couple days about us being in on a player who was going to transfer after taking advantage of the new rule where if you graduate you can play elsewhere immediately. I have no clue if this has anything to do with this player or not but saw this news today.

Anyone know of any connections to him or heard about this. The one thing i do see is he originally commited to Nebraska.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I don't think he can come to a big 12 school due to the fact that he enrolled and stepped on campus as a freshman. It is the same reason he could not go back to Nebraska after his Juco. Some weird big 12 rule.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Wrong possible with one year to play.

Not saying your wrong and have no clue if this is realistic, but if we had the oppurtunity to take a proven player for one year to help our team immediately and yet not lock up a scholarship long term why wouldn't we?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The team said Tuesday that Sallie plans to spend his final year of eligibility at a college closer to his Sacramento, Calif., home or pursue professional basketball overseas.

First sentence of third paragraph says he's going to LSU. :jimlad:
Justin can hook him up with Lucca's Facebook page.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not saying your wrong and have no clue if this is realistic, but if we had the oppurtunity to take a proven player for one year to help our team immediately and yet not lock up a scholarship long term why wouldn't we?

I think he meant that it's not Sallie but there is a guy we have in mind in that situation. i think that's what he meant.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
I think he meant that it's not Sallie but there is a guy we have in mind in that situation. i think that's what he meant.

If that's the case, and we are going after a guy with one year to play that can play immediately, I wonder if it's Darion Anderson (from Northern Illinois).

I'm pretty sure he graduated this year so he can play next year immediately. He's a PG and has some pretty decent numbers.

Darion (Jake) Anderson Stats, News, Photos - Northern Illinois Huskies - ESPN

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
I don't think he can come to a big 12 school due to the fact that he enrolled and stepped on campus as a freshman. It is the same reason he could not go back to Nebraska after his Juco. Some weird big 12 rule.

This is true. He is ineligible to play in the Big XII due to some SNAFU the UNL compliance office did. He originally signed to play at Nebraska, went to class the first week of school as a freshman, but had some clearinghouse issue. Played that year at JUCO, and then tried to go back to Nebraska, but couldn't. Eventually went to Memphis.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It was actually a clerical error in getting the paperwork filed. There was a big article on it on espn.com. He was Nebraska's best recruit a couple of years ago when this happened.