PREDICTIONS: Iowa State vs. Texas

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
This one is hard because we NEED this game so bad. If we drop it, bowl game will be a huge reach. If we actually have a lead and lose it in the 4th, god help us for the impact on the fan base of another late defeat.

If we can pull it out, a real stepping stone for CMC.

I was there for the Halloween 24-0 shutout, and I think it might be lower scoring than many believe.

Joel Lanning channels the beast of Jeff Braswell and flies all over the field.

ISU 24
UT 21

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
38-35 ISU barnburner. Deshaunte Jones scores a TD. Montgomery 175 total yards and a TD. Defense sucks but gets two takeaways to make up for it.

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
31-30 ISU. Texas scores as time expires, but the placekicker clangs the extra point off the upright and we all laugh and celebrate this strange twist of good luck.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
28-31 Texas with 5 min to play, we FINALLY execute a game winning drive and our defense holds with less than a minute on the clock.

35-31 good guys!

The change in culture starts TONIGHT

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Lower scoring than predicted.. Both DLs step up.
Texas DL front 4 holds it own in the Ground Game, allowing Texas to drop extra into coverage....Hence Park throws 2 Picks.
But Lima and Uwazi stop the UT Run game and those two combine for 3 sacks.
Texas QB carousel can't decide who to play, and in confusion....lead to 3 ISU picks.
One of the Picks is taken back deep into Texas teritory, where the Pumped Offense pushes it in.
ISU 28
UT 17

Reactions: CycloneWarning

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
My inclination is to say Texas 24-21 in whatever is the most heartbreaking way that you can imagine.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
31-28 the good guys, with a game ending field goal as time expires.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Part of the reason Charlie Strong got canned was the culture problem within the program. I have a hard time believing that Herman has already fixed that after jsut three weeks. Texas has superior raw talent (what else is new?), but it wouldn't surprise me a bit of they come out flat or lackadaisical and the Cyclones jump out to an early lead. I'll do a two part prediction - ISU goes into the half up 20-6. Herman lets his guys have it, and the Cyclones barely survive a second half push to win 30-27. ISU officially enters phase three of the lose big, lose close, win close, win big rebuild blueprint.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
A Thursday night national TV audience for Iowa State versus Texas. Temperature in the low 70's at kickoff. The Cyclones are poised to become nationally significant as they man-handle the Shorthorns. Remember, the last time Texas came to Jack Trice Stadium, they were better than this year and we were worse . . . and the outcome was a 24-0 shutout pitched by the Cyclones.

My prediction: Iowa State 51, Texas 14. Our offense is for real. And their QB is not.

The x-factor is whether Kamari Cotton-Moya plays. If not, then it may be another 31-30 toss-up decided by the refs at the end like in 2013 which was also a Thursday night game. Just can't forget that one! Hook 'em Clones!

• Optimistic
Reactions: StratCY

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
A Thursday night national TV audience for Iowa State versus Texas. Temperature in the low 70's at kickoff. The Cyclones are poised to become nationally significant as they man-handle the Shorthorns. Remember, the last time Texas came to Jack Trice Stadium, they were better than this year and we were worse . . . and the outcome was a 24-0 shutout pitched by the Cyclones.

My prediction: Iowa State 51, Texas 14. Our offense is for real. And their QB is not.

The x-factor is whether Kamari Cotton-Moya plays. If not, then it may be another 31-30 toss-up decided by the refs at the end like in 2013 which was also a Thursday night game. Just can't forget that one! Hook 'em Clones!

If we beat Texas 51-14, I will need to consult a doctor because there's no way 4 hours is a long enough cool down.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think Texas by 10 but it won't feel that close.

I think people are underestimating their improvement and overestimating ISU's.

Perhaps it changes if ISU's had a few things 'click' with the bye week.

Either way fun to look forward to a game again!

• Agree
Reactions: SiouxCityCyclone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Lima, Trent, Tongamoa, Uwazurike, and all the gang on the d-line have a coming out party after the long break. Texas struggles to run the ball but their athleticism is undeniable. ISU airs it out, and Montgomery gashes Texas to continue his consecutive 100 yard games. Game is close, that is until ISU starts to hit their stride.

Texas' defense is talented but still too raw under the first year regime change. ISU pulls away after second half adjustments.

42-24 good guys. GO CLONES!