Preseason AP Poll

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I can see Baylor, A&M, & OK, but where do they get TX? Maybe they've got some good recruits, but they have to prove this to me. Frankly, I was not impressed with their coaching last year.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Baylor 1, A&M 6, Oklahoma 15, Texas 24.

No ISU.

We got votes, but I think we aren't even ready for that yet. This team has to prove itself. Even OU is probably over rated at this point. Baylor and ATM are the only ones and ATM is probably over rated as well considering who they lost off their team from last year.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
WBB: Re: Preseason AP Poll

Womens....

Note, we did get votes. And for those of you who think losing Bolte was the end of the world.....

- Iowa State returned 74 percent of its scoring and 86 percent of its rebounding from last year's team. Cyclone returnees accounted for 89 percent of the team's assists in 2010-11.

hmmm, a lot of teams wish they had this coming back.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
It's rare that ISU WBB gets credit for its reputation and maybe rightly so. Seems the team always has to earn its ranking and then some. It's amazing how some teams get a free pass, like Texas. Better to surprise the pollsters by coming on strong than the other way around.