Printed Ticket = Win

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
I had a problem with Ticketmaster and Cyclones.com getting them to work on my phone. I also have had ZERO coverage around Jack Trice Stadium with my phone. I have a weird carrier. It is no different this year. But I was at home and printed my own ticket on my crappy inkjet printer.

Dude at the entry gate told me to go to the shortest line and I was in. 2nd Dude scanning my ticket said "You making it easy on me."

No, "Dude" You made it easy on me. I looked at all the people trying to show phone images and whatnot and people arguing over stuff and realized that sheet of paper and a little bit of ink saved me 10 minutes of angst.

I imagined a ticket taking catastrophe. It was not. I have heard other stories that were much worse, but if you have the ability to print out a scannable code I highly suggest it for future events.

I hate that we have to have a robust phone from a certain carrier, or a computer with a decent quality printer to enter the stadium after donations, ticket costs, and all the other BS we go through, but the printed ticket does work.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I also get zero service at the lots/stadium, but had no issue pulling the tickets up in my phone's Google wallet... Those don't require internet/cell service.

Sounds like this is a case of old people not understanding technology. ISU sent multiple emails telling people to save your tickets to a wallet (free app on any carrier for those who don't know). Hell, John Walters even did a video step by step tutorial..

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I had a problem with Ticketmaster and Cyclones.com getting them to work on my phone. I also have had ZERO coverage around Jack Trice Stadium with my phone. I have a weird carrier. It is no different this year. But I was at home and printed my own ticket on my crappy inkjet printer.

Dude at the entry gate told me to go to the shortest line and I was in. 2nd Dude scanning my ticket said "You making it easy on me."

No, "Dude" You made it easy on me. I looked at all the people trying to show phone images and whatnot and people arguing over stuff and realized that sheet of paper and a little bit of ink saved me 10 minutes of angst.

I imagined a ticket taking catastrophe. It was not. I have heard other stories that were much worse, but if you have the ability to print out a scannable code I highly suggest it for future events.

I hate that we have to have a robust phone from a certain carrier, or a computer with a decent quality printer to enter the stadium after donations, ticket costs, and all the other BS we go through, but the printed ticket does work.

I hate how you keep complaining about this after being told the solution many times and you keep not paying attention to the myriad ways to do this without having to use cell service outside the stadium.

My wife had our tickets in the wallet and it was completely fine. Quite frankly quicker than paper. It’s just not a big deal and I wish you’d stop trying to make it sound like one.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
My friend made the mistake of not uploading tickets at home. He had problems. Since they were tickets that I was transferring to him I went with him to get it resolved. The ISU staff worked above and beyond to help us with our problem. The end solution was to reverse the transfer and then print out tickets. My thoughts are there is adequate information as far as how to transfer tickets. Maybe it could be improved by adding a video that shows what steps the receiving end should do to complete the transactions.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I hate how you keep complaining about this after being told the solution many times and you keep not paying attention to the myriad ways to do this without having to use cell service outside the stadium.

My wife had our tickets in the wallet and it was completely fine. Quite frankly quicker than paper. It’s just not a big deal and I wish you’d stop trying to make it sound like one.
Our ticket taker was having a devil of a time with the scanner and phones in the sun when we entered at the south entrance. And yes, we had out tickets in a wallet. It was taking 2 or 3 times as long as scanning paper.

So take it easy on @KneeGusto.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
You're just lying through your teeth here. A bunch of people told you exactly what you needed to do. You chose to ignore that. I hope you don't go to other events because this is the norm for event tickets now.

The vast majority of phone issues related to trying to scan with the phone screen facing the sun which is easily addressed. Athletics was excellent in their messaging about taking care of your tickets before showing up on GameDay. There were multiple emails, videos, social media messages, etc.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I say we just have a free for all like the student section. Put those old rich farts on the hill where they belong.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I'm not convinced that my ticket-taker was actually scanning tickets. I think she was faking it and just waving people through.

I thought the exact same thing. We were going in gate4 so we were literally the only people entering that gate at the time and the guy had so much trouble on the first of five tickets on my phone that he just acted like he scanned the rest and told me we were good

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
With a group of people it's just easier to print them out. No I'm not a boomer. I know how to use Google wallet. But everyone else in the group has to use it too.

The security at the donor lots is a joke now. They don't scan your pass, which means you could send a screen capture of your pass to anyone and they can get in. And now since you don't have a tag hanging in your window they mark your vehicle with grease pen or whatever. That's easy to fake as well. Stupid.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

What if your phone dies while tailgating?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I was at a Colorado Rapids soccer game and my phone was not getting internet and it took me twenty minutes to pull up my tickets. I thought I wad screwed

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Our ticket taker was having a devil of a time with the scanner and phones in the sun when we entered at the south entrance. And yes, we had out tickets in a wallet. It was taking 2 or 3 times as long as scanning paper.

So take it easy on @KneeGusto.
His premise is cell service problems which is a non-issue if he'd listen.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
isu has piped it into our brains the last 3 weeks that tickets had gone mobile and to add them to your google/apple wallet before the game

what did people miss in that?

printing is also a good solution for those with a nokia 3000

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I also get zero service at the lots/stadium, but had no issue pulling the tickets up in my phone's Google wallet... Those don't require internet/cell service.

Sounds like this is a case of old people not understanding technology. ISU sent multiple emails telling people to save your tickets to a wallet (free app on any carrier for those who don't know). Hell, John Walters even did a video step by step tutorial..
I saved my tickets in my GPay app and also did a screen shot as a backup. Once I got to the gate I had my phone out and ready. Took about 3 seconds to scan it and I was in.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
isu has piped it into our brains the last 3 weeks that tickets had gone mobile and to add them to your google/apple wallet before the game

what did people miss in that?

printing is also a good solution for those with a nokia 3000

I was unfamiliar with Ticketmaster app but it was fairly easy to use to get tickets. I clicked the get tickets app and saw they were on my phone. I got to the stadium and checked to make sure they were there. Good to go. Opened the app as we approached the stadium and nothing.

E-tickets that are not designed to be directly downloadable to a device from the app are a dumb idea. I know, fraud from having multiple tickets out there to events is something they have to be concerned about, so they want to leave them transferable as long as possible, but come on.