Prize list (huge), schedule of events, beer tapping info for Saturday's kickoff party

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
You can't. That was a one time only thing.
That’s unfortunate. In the podcast they did with Chris it sounded like they would have it during the football season ... mentioned making it for tailgating. Hope they can rename (due to c&d) and still make it... would be fun to have an ISU beer.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Curious as to who threatened to sue. Did you piss off Mr. 5-19?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Guys -

Thanks to all who came out and I apologize to those who were turned away. The great news is, out turnout was so awesome that BarnTown is already excited about throwing a bigger and better party next year. Of course, we will want to work in the charitable aspect as well. I think it adds a lot to it. Gives the whole day a cause, which I love.

We will be more prepared for the crowd next year, I promise. Thanks again to those who came out. You guys are the best. The beer was really good too!

Reactions: Javinegli and NWICY

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm going to be in Chicago this week and really close to this place. Hope to give the owner a few of my thoughts. Pete at Barntown was very professional and courteous when I talked with him about it, but I'm still very frustrated by the guy in Chicago who robbed so many Cyclone fans of this opportunity.

No kidding. How did that discussion go? It's not like the run for the beer was going to damage their business in anyway.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Guys -

Thanks to all who came out and I apologize to those who were turned away. The great news is, out turnout was so awesome that BarnTown is already excited about throwing a bigger and better party next year. Of course, we will want to work in the charitable aspect as well. I think it adds a lot to it. Gives the whole day a cause, which I love.

We will be more prepared for the crowd next year, I promise. Thanks again to those who came out. You guys are the best. The beer was really good too!

So did they drink it all? I mean getting rid of perfectly good beer is pretty much a Cardinal sin around here.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Nice. Would have been gone before the end of the Party if the lines weren't 30 mins long. Honestly, it wasn't my favorite but hey, like I said before, it would be gone regardless.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Nice. Would have been gone before the end of the Party if the lines weren't 30 mins long. Honestly, it wasn't my favorite but hey, like I said before, it would be gone regardless.

Planning on releasing Transfer Brew in December. Will be a very different style. The goal is to have a series of these beers.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
No kidding. How did that discussion go? It's not like the run for the beer was going to damage their business in anyway.

I've heard beer industry guys talk about this and it's a real problem. There's only so many words in the English language that can be used to describe beer. And someone has pretty much used them all.

I found a search online and Alarmist Brewing has trademarked the word "Entrenched." So I get them wanting to maintain that. Even if it doesn't make sense.

Word Mark ENTRENCHED
Goods and Services
IC 033. US 047 049. G & S: Beer; alcoholic beverages. FIRST USE: 20150730. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20150730
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code
(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 87897132
Filing Date April 27, 2018
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Owner (APPLICANT) Alarmist Brewing LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY ILLINOIS Suite Rear 4055 West Peterson Avenue Chicago ILLINOIS 60646
Attorney of Record Robert H. Newman
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've heard beer industry guys talk about this and it's a real problem. There's only so many words in the English language that can be used to describe beer. And someone has pretty much used them all.

I found a search online and Alarmist Brewing has trademarked the word "Entrenched." So I get them wanting to maintain that. Even if it doesn't make sense.

Dld-jLoXcAAP-0R.jpg

This guy is pretty threatening. Ready to sweep in and steal all that business on the north side of Chicago.

IMG_8841.JPG

Seriously, I understand that you lose some of the strength of your legal standing to protect your trademark if you knowingly don't do anything to protect it. This has more to do with making sure Alarmist has a strong case if they ever need to exert themselves legally against anyone using the term "Entrenched." Still don't like that a single word like that can be controlled by a little operation.