Productivity Thread (Movie Quotes)

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Nacho: Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun.

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
Lacy: My uncle says you have a screw loose.
Ty: Your uncle molests collies.

A Favorite for dealing with Iowa/Nebraska fans....

Dr. Fronkenstien: You are talking about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.

Donny: How come you don't roll on Saturday, Walter?
Walter: I'm Shomer Shabbos.
Donny: What's that Walter?
Walter: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos. The Jewish day of rest. That means I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't ****in' ride in a car, I don't handle money I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as **** don't ****IN' ROLL!!!!!!!!
Donny: Seesh.
Walter: Shomer Shabbos!
The Dude: Walter, how am I going to....
Walter: Shomer ****ing Shabos.
The Dude: Oh ****! That's it, I'm out of here!

And one of my all time favorites...

Major "King" Kong: Surrvival kit contents check. In them you will find one .45 caliber automatic, two boxes of ammunition, four days concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one minature combination russian phrase book and Bible, $100 in rubles, $100 in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockins. Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Tombstone, good stuff - I'm repped out but I'll try to remember you tomorrow.

"Behold the pale horse, the man's who rides on him is death ... and hell followed with it."

Johnny Ringo: It's quoted in the Bible, Revelations: Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Doc Holliday: Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave.

Johnny Ringo: I want your blood. And I want your soul. And I want them both right now!

"Godda**it, Karl! How many times do I have to tell you to keep that goddamn cigar out of my face. Jesus Christ, it's like I'm sittin here playin cards with my sister's kids."

I love Tombstone so much - it's one of those movies I've seen so many times that I can do pretty much every word. This was before Val Kilmer started to make sucky movies where he plays blind guys in love.

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
Joe: WE'RE LOSIN'!!!!! They're burying us alive!!!!
Jeff: Eddie Shore?
Joe: Oh, p*** on Eddie Shore!
Jack: Old time hockey?
Joe: P*** on old time hockey!!!! You're blowin' it!!!! Oh boys, every scout in the NHL is out there tonight with contracts in their pockets and they're looking for talent. For winners! All my years of publicity, all the fashion shows and radiothons for nothin'! They come here tonight to scout the Chiefs! The toughest team in the Federal League! Not this bunch of...... p*****s!
Reg: Scouts?

TOMMYBOY

Apr 17, 2006
I know I'm a geek!:wub:

Kirk: Spock.
Spock: Ship... out of danger?
Kirk: Yes.
Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh...
Kirk: ...the needs of the few.
Spock: ...Or the one. I never took the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?
Kirk: Spock...
Spock: I have been and always shall be your friend.
[Holds up his hand in the Vulcan salute]
Spock: Live long and prosper.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Merchant: Heh, heh. Look at this! Yes! Combination hookah and coffee maker, also makes Julienne fries. Will not break!
[taps it on table]
Merchant: Will not!
[it falls apart]
Merchant: It broke!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Ham Porter: PLAY BALL! Hurry up, batter. This better be a short game, I gotta get home for lunch.
[Pitcher pitches and the batter fails to even swing]
Ham Porter: Haha, that's one.
[cuts to new pitch]
Ham Porter: [to the batter] You know, if my dog was as ugly as you. I'd shave his butt and tell him to walk backwards.
[cuts to new pitch]
Ham Porter: Here it comes, it's coming, I tell ya. STRIKE THREE
[Porter puts the batter off, he swings and misses]
Ham Porter: YOU'RE OUT!
[cuts to new pitch]
Ham Porter: Is that your sister out there in left field, naked? She's naked?
Phillips: [swings and misses again] SHUT UP PORTER!
Ham Porter: Hey, hey, hey, I'm just trying to start a friendly conversation, come on.
Ham Porter: [two seconds later] Think she'll go out with me?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Major "King" Kong: Surrvival kit contents check. In them you will find one .45 caliber automatic, two boxes of ammunition, four days concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one minature combination russian phrase book and Bible, $100 in rubles, $100 in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockins. Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is my favorite Kubrick movie!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Gale: All right, ya hayseeds, it's a stick-up. Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground.
Feisty Hayseed: Well, which is it, young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'm a-gonna be in motion. You see...
Gale: Shut up!
Feisty Hayseed: Okay then.
Gale: Everybody down on the ground!
Evelle: Y'all can just forget that part about freezin' now.
Gale: Better still to get down there.
Evelle: Yeah, y'all hear that, don't ya?
[Everybody lays down. Gale looks at the now-empty teller windows]
Gale: S***! Where'd all the tellers go?
Teller's voices: We're down here, sir.
Evelle: They're on the floor as you commanded, Gale.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
Lucas: Mitchell's the man Joe.
Joe: And the man calls all the shots.
Lucas: Da** the man.
Joe: Let me explain it to you. Mitchell's the man. I'm the idiot. You're the screw-up. And we're all losers. Welcome to music town.

Joe: Where's the money?
Lucas: Joe, the money is gone.
Joe: Yeah, I know it's gone... but where's it gone to?
Lucas: Atlantic City.
Joe: Atlantic City?... Is it coming back from Atlantic City?
Lucas: [nervous laugh] Oh, I don't think so, Joe.
Joe: What's it doing in Atlantic City, Lucas?
Lucas: ...Recirculating.

Wow - impressive quote. Empire Records. Liv Tyler and Renee Zelwegger, sl*tting it out!!! :)

"Wow, you get smarter the shorter your skirt goes."

"And you get smarter the shorter your hair goes, so I guess it's good you went with that."

"Yeah"

"Yeah"

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Anyone else love this movie?

Vivian Jaffe: Have you ever transcended space and time?
Albert Markovski: Yes. No. Uh, time, not space... No, I don't know what you're talking about.

Tommy Corn: [after being hit in the face with a rubber ball] Awesome! Can we do the ball thing everyday?
Caterine Vauban: Don't call it the ball thing. Call it pure being.
Tommy Corn: Okay... so can we do the pure being ball thing everyday?

Dawn Campbell: I'm in my tree talking to the Dixie Chicks and they're making me feel better.

Mr. Hooten: What happened to the cat, Albert?
Albert Markovski: How'd you know about my cat?
Mr. Hooten: The cat was killed by curiosity.
Albert Markovski: Oh, right, that cat

...and now I know what movie I'm watching tonight! :biglaugh:

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Col Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence,while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, save lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
MY favorite movie, Shawshank Redemption .............."Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
Maybe it is the "hope" part that makes me a Cyclone fan AND a Cub fan.............................

After that anything from Animal House, Caddyshack, or Airplane

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
talladaga nights-i wanna be a crack dealer. no not one of those mean ones but like a nice one. like hey whats up guys...want some crack? haha any will ferrell quote is funny.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
J.D.: Wanna go out tonight? Catch a movie? Miniature golf?
Veronica Sawyer: I was thinking more along the lines of slitting Heather Duke's wrists open, making it look like suicide.
J.D.: Ah, now you're talking. I can be up for that. I've already started underlining meaningful passages in her copy of Moby ****, if you know what I mean.