Professional Wrestling

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Yes, I know it is fake but sometimes entertaining....

Question is this other than Chris Taylor in the 70's have any other ISU wrestlers gone on to Stardom in the professional wrestling ranks.....?

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Yes, I know it is fake but sometimes entertaining....

Question is this other than Chris Taylor in the 70's have any other ISU wrestlers gone on to Stardom in the professional wrestling ranks.....?

I can't think of any, but I'll never forget seeing about nine guys gang up on Chris and toss him over the ropes in one of those "last man in the ring wins" matches. I saw it on TV, not in person. Would have been shortly after the olympics.

Wasn't there two brothers that wrestled for Michigan that ended up in pro wrasslin' ?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Chris was one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet and know. A true gentle giant. He is missed by many.:sad:

-keep.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I can't think of any, but I'll never forget seeing about nine guys gang up on Chris and toss him over the ropes in one of those "last man in the ring wins" matches. I saw it on TV, not in person. Would have been shortly after the olympics.

Wasn't there two brothers that wrestled for Michigan that ended up in pro wrasslin' ?

It was the Steiner brothers - Scott (Big Poppa Pump) and I can't remember his brother's name.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
a neat videos of Chris ... although he got tossed and pinned in the first vid, it is amazing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79wBw_LJ9Y]YouTube - chris taylor suplay[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTFs11bM8Fo&NR=1]YouTube - Chris Taylor vs Korea[/ame]

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There are a lot of collegiate wrestlers who 'crossed over' to "pro" wrestling. A few off the top of my head...

Scott and Rick Rechsteiner (Michigan) -- wrestled pro as "Steiner"
Kurt Angle (Clarion)
Brock Lesnar (Minnesota)
Sylvester Terkay (NC State)
Shelton Benjamin (Minnesota)

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
There are a lot of collegiate wrestlers who 'crossed over' to "pro" wrestling. A few off the top of my head...

Scott and Rick Rechsteiner (Michigan) -- wrestled pro as "Steiner"
Kurt Angle (Clarion)
Brock Lesnar (Minnesota)
Sylvester Terkay (NC State)
Shelton Benjamin (Minnesota)

Brock Lesnar is making his UFC debut in January. SHould be interesting...

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Chris was one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet and know. A true gentle giant. He is missed by many.:sad:

-keep.

Keep, you are absolutely correct!! Chris and his wife would eat in the Green Pepper and Chris would drink his beer from a pitcher, and it looked like a small glass!! Another thing about him...he would sign all autographs after the meets untill every kid had theirs!! I'm sure he has to be the most popular wrestler in ISU history, if not the most popular athlete overall.