props to whoever...

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Yeah, BryceC referenced this site on their site the other day as well. And happened to also call us all crazy for thinking we have a shot against KU on Saturday.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
haha, i love the thread. "When Will The ISU Game Sell Out?"

If we were where they are. It would have been sold out for weeks! And Pollard would probably try go get 60,000 in there!

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
haha, i love the thread. "When Will The ISU Game Sell Out?"

If we were where they are. It would have been sold out for weeks! And Pollard would probably try go get 60,000 in there!

My dad heard somewhere that ISU has had a higher average attendance than Kansas this year. Of course it helps that we had UNI, Iowa, Texas, and Oklahoma all here--thus lots of visiting fans. But as has been said here before, I don't think there are many 3-8 programs that have as much positive buzz as we do! :yes:

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006
My dad heard somewhere that ISU has had a higher average attendance than Kansas this year. Of course it helps that we had UNI, Iowa, Texas, and Oklahoma all here--thus lots of visiting fans. But as has been said here before, I don't think there are many 3-8 programs that have as much positive buzz as we do! :yes:

Actually, other than the UNI game, I doubt there were many visiting fans here for the other 3 games you mention. I really don't think many UT fans would make the ~15 hour drive from Austin to see their team play lowly ISU (especially since it was on TV). Ditto for OU fans. As for Iowa, well, we all know the ticket policy that helped to keep them out. No, this year was all about ISU fans stepping up and filling the stadium, which they did nicely. I'll bet we had the largest % attendance vs. capacity of any 3 win (maybe 4) team in the country.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I'll bet we had the largest % attendance vs. capacity of any 3 win (maybe 4) team in the country.

All i can say to that is Norte Lame....

If Chiz had the talent that Norte Dame has, wel he has had that level of talent at texas and oh yeah they won the national championship!!!!

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

I believe it was in the DM Reg. the other day that KU was averaging around 46,500 and ISU was close to 50,000. They just don't care about football as much as b-ball down there.

bjwitt

Mar 6, 2007
Ames
I believe it was in the DM Reg. the other day that KU was averaging around 46,500 and ISU was close to 50,000. They just don't care about football as much as b-ball down there.

your right, they're undefeated. Where are there fans? I wonder how many of that 46,000 fans will be Cyclone fans this Saturday! GO STATE

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
your right, they're undefeated. Where are there fans? I wonder how many of that 46,000 fans will be Cyclone fans this Saturday! GO STATE

They are a couple ticks above us in terms of % capacity, averaging 91.69% to our 89.93%. They are 49th in the nation and we are 53rd in the nation in that statistic.

We are a few ticks ahead of them in the average attendance category, averaging 49462 to their 46074. We are 45th in that category and they are 49th.

I'd still say that's pretty weak for an undefeated team, though.

edit: after looking it over, it's really fairly decent. They've only had 2 conference home games, one against Nebraska and one against Baylor, up to this point. Their only other home games were the first 4 of the year against Florida Int'l, Toledo, SE LA, and Central Michigan. Not exactly compelling matchups.

We've had the benefit of playing a huge in-state rival (Iowa), another in-state rival (UNI), Texas, Oklahoma, K-state and Colorado all at home.

Last edited: