Question about in state tuition

aeroclone08

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wichita, KS
There are also scholarships available based on high school academic performance. Not sure which side of state line you'd be living on but it appears Kansas and Missouri are similar. I think this means you could get up to 14,500/year stacking adventure + expedition + generations.

EDIT: Updated link for Fall 2024. Looks like it's now based on GPA only rather than ACT score tiers.

Last edited:

Dale

Mar 5, 2010
Chicagoland
There are also scholarships available based on high school academic performance. Not sure which side of state line you'd be living on but it appears Kansas and Missouri are similar. I think this means you could get up to 14,500/year stacking adventure + expedition + generations.
Can verify that's true, because that's precisely what my Illinois son got offered from ISU last year. (Iowa State added on another $1000/year scholarship later on as well.) He ended up instead choosing one of the new Big 12 schools that made him an even better financial offer, but with those scholarships ISU out-of-state would have been over $10k/year cheaper than his flagship UIUC in-state.

Last edited:

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Sending your kids to ISU is priceless!

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
When my daughter was a senior in 2015-16, we lived in Omaha and she looked at ISU. As some have mentioned, there is an automatic award for children of alumni. There is also “merit” money available. This was very formulaic and depended on ACT scores and course completion. For instance, she would not have qualified for the maximum award because she took AP statistics instead of AP calc. I think these awards may have varied by state of residence also. You might check with the admissions department for the current awards and qualifications. Also, ISU has a really good program for visiting high school students. My daughter visited in the fall of senior year, but I think juniors can go to them. You might check with admissions for the dates.

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
You could also leave your family in Iowa and rent a room in a boarding house in KC. As long as the paycheck continues to auto deposit, they probably won’t miss you!