Question Chris

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Just wondering if Hoiberg and Barnes have ever got together??? I think it would have been cool to have Hoiberg in town for his unoffical, because UNC had Jordan at least thre to meet him, UCLA had kevin love and John Wooden, i'm sure duke brought someone out of the woodwork to meet him, Kansas has one of their legends Danny Manning as a coach...Basically just wondering if Hoiberg and Barnes have ever spoke to one another???

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I believe that Hoiberg can't talk to HB. Isn't there an NCAA rule? I don't recall the details. They couldn't say more than "hi" to each other.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Yeah I know we have Brackins, but Hoiberg is from Ames, was highly recruited and chose to stay home...Seems Like that would be a lot similar to Hoiberg....

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
If Hoiberg provides any kind of booster support to ISU, it would be an NCAA violation for him to talk to HB.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
it's a violation if hoiberg talks to barnes but it's ok for michael jordan to greet him at UNC? well, I guess that sounds about right with how I see the ncaa enforce things.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
it's a violation if hoiberg talks to barnes but it's ok for michael jordan to greet him at UNC? well, I guess that sounds about right with how I see the ncaa enforce things.

It's NOT a violation if Hoiberg talks to Barnes. Read HB's diary from the UCLA visit - Kevin Love stopped by to chat.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
I would think that there is the key point.

What did the two posts say? MJ talked to HB during his official UNC visit.

Kevin Love talked to HB during his Official ULCA visit.

I do not know if Freddie could have talked to HB during his unofficial visit, but my guess would be not because it was unofficial. If Freddie would, say, call HB at his house, then it would be an illegal contact between a booster and a recruit.