What would you rather do?

• Win the Big Ten West

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • Win your big game

Votes: 92 73.0%

• Total voters

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Then why do ISU fans always revert to this if they lose to Iowa? It goes both ways, all the time.

I can admit it was Coach Mac's way of saving his job but even all years they beat Iowa, they played better in several other games. Iowa fans just tend to be uninformed on teams that aren't them so they don't make themselves aware of what ISU does.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I can admit it was Coach Mac's way of saving his job but even all years they beat Iowa, they played better in several other games. Iowa fans just tend to be uninformed on teams that aren't them so they don't make themselves aware of what ISU does.
I would wager a bet that ISU fans are the same regarding other teams personnel too. Not all are cyfan diehards.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I would wager a bet that ISU fans are the same regarding other teams personnel too. Not all are cyfan diehards.

Absolutely.

'Stacked' and 'elite' have been used for ISU basketball in seasons where they were basically a potential Sweet 16ish team.

rubberhead

Sep 11, 2019
Like that’s a major challenge? Don’t you have higher aspirations?

Really? First of all that was the question on this thread. And yes that is a challenge. Iowa has only went to the Big 10 championship once. But that is one more time than ISU has played in January.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Really? First of all that was the question on this thread. And yes that is a challenge. Iowa has only went to the Big 10 championship once. But that is one more time than ISU has played in January.

You do understand that people laugh at the hawks who clamor about the January 1 bowls significance? With the semis happening in December, along with many major bowls, unless it’s a bowl with ties to the playoffs, it’s not that big of a deal.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

rubberhead

Sep 11, 2019
You do understand that people laugh at the hawks who clamor about the January 1 bowls significance? With the semis happening in December, along with many major bowls, unless it’s a bowl with ties to the playoffs, it’s not that big of a deal.

Wait, Winning the Big Ten West isn't a big deal and playing in a January bowl game isn't a big deal. Got it. I should come to this board more often. Iowa has been to 4 Rose Bowls and 2 Orange bowls since have been alive and I thought the entire time that was a big deal.

Who are the 4 bowl wins? ( Minny, Miami (ohio), memphis, Pitt ). You guys are experts in the post season. Oh yeah, wait till basketball I know, another place where you guys just kill it in the post season.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wait, Winning the Big Ten West isn't a big deal and playing in a January bowl game isn't a big deal. Got it. I should come to this board more often. Iowa has been to 4 Rose Bowls and 2 Orange bowls since have been alive and I thought the entire time that was a big deal.

Who are the 4 bowl wins? ( Minny, Miami (ohio), memphis, Pitt ). You guys are experts in the post season. Oh yeah, wait till basketball I know, another place where you guys just kill it in the post season.

More proof that hawk fans can’t read for crap. That Kirkwood degree is going to waste. Reread what I posted, try some comprehension, kill the straw man, and maybe converse like an educated person.

rubberhead

Sep 11, 2019
More proof that hawk fans can’t read for crap. That Kirkwood degree is going to waste. Reread what I posted, try some comprehension, kill the straw man, and maybe converse like an educated person.

Back to the token " like an educated person " comment. Its amazing how all ISU fans are geniuses.

I read you comment, you referenced the semis ( which neither team has a chance at ) and "Major" bowls, which ISU fans have only heard of from their stupid eastern iowa cousin who went to Kirkwood.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Back to the token " like an educated person " comment. Its amazing how all ISU fans are geniuses.

I read you comment, you referenced the semis ( which neither team has a chance at ) and "Major" bowls, which ISU fans have only heard of from their stupid eastern iowa cousin who went to Kirkwood.

Man, you have comprehension issues I’ve never seen. I never linked Iowa nor ISU to the semis. I mentioned that they are in December just like several other larger bowls are. By saying January bowls only matter, you are poo pooing the first round of playoffs. I covered the major bowls in January by saying ones linked to the
playoffs. That is roughly 6-8 bowls, don’t fully remember how many. Do I need to explain the meaning of specific words now?

rubberhead

Sep 11, 2019
Man, you have comprehension issues I’ve never seen. I never linked Iowa nor ISU to the semis. I mentioned that they are in December just like several other larger bowls are. By saying January bowls only matter, you are poo pooing the first round of playoffs. I covered the major bowls in January by saying ones linked to the
playoffs. That is roughly 6-8 bowls, don’t fully remember how many. Do I need to explain the meaning of specific words now?

Like I said, genius. I'll round my kids up tonight to read some of your posts so they can see what an "educated" person types like from their basement.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Like I said, genius. I'll round my kids up tonight to read some of your posts so they can see what an "educated" person types like from their basement.

Actually I’m in the ER waiting on the results of my 88 year old moms heart examination, possibly heart attack. One of my offices is in the basement of our house but I rarely use that one. Need to get new furniture there as it’s dated.

Btw, thanks for the genius comment, I don’t like to mention the results of the IQ tests I’ve had......but if you are going to do it for me I will let it slide.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Btw, please link where you mentioned rounding up your kids to read my posts. I didn’t see that. Maybe you meant you actually said that, that makes sense then.