Quick Tailgating Questions...

BCPanther

Jul 13, 2009
Waterloo
We have a big group coming down for our game against you guys on 9-25. Two quick Questions...

We have a lady coming with us that uses a wheelchair, is tailgating allowed in the handicap lot??

Also, what time will lots open for the general public/ handicap lots. Is it 7:00 am or is it 6 hrs prior to kick (i.e. noon)???

Thanks guys, looking forward to coming down. A bit worried because you guys are much better than you were three years ago and we are not going to be as good. Hope for a good injury free game. We have South Dakota State and SIU right after you guys!!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
We have a big group coming down for our game against you guys on 9-25. Two quick Questions...

We have a lady coming with us that uses a wheelchair, is tailgating allowed in the handicap lot??

Also, what time will lots open for the general public/ handicap lots. Is it 7:00 am or is it 6 hrs prior to kick (i.e. noon)???

Thanks guys, looking forward to coming down. A bit worried because you guys are much better than you were three years ago and we are not going to be as good. Hope for a good injury free game. We have South Dakota State and SIU right after you guys!!
The donor lots (concrete lots and G7) will open at 7am. All others 6 hours prior. However, since its a night game and the students will want to get in and start tailgating, I can almost guarantee most of the other lots will open sooner than 6 hrs prior because the lines to get in will be huge.

Can't answer the handicap lot question.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I would call the parking division at ISU. They can probably help you with the handicap question.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm not sure we have a specific handicap lot. Getting from the public lots to the stadium, and then into it is definitely handicap friendly though.

Be there about 7 or 8 hrs early to guarantee a spot in the closest public lots to the stadium.

Have fun! There will be a few friends of mine from UNI at the game, and it should be great weather. My girlfriend is a UNI alum, so it's a big game in this household.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
There is a handicap lot. It is in in section S2 on the southside of the stadium. It opens 6 hours prior to kick-off unless you have a donor level parking pass as well as the handicap pass.

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
There are a bunch of handicap spots in the paved lots straight south of the stadium, S7 maybe, not sure on the number. Thats where my buddy always used to park and we would either tailgate there, quite a few people normally, or he would just roll with us into the student lots. You should be fine either way.

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
I just assumed that they tailgated in the same lots as everybody else.

They can, its just you don't need a parking pass as long as you have the handicapped sticker and you park right next to the gates. Thats why we would always catch a ride with my friend driving there :yes:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
got this from the Iowa State Athletics site:

Handicap parking
Patrons with state-issued handicap permits can park (on a first-come, first-served basis) in Lot S2 ($20 per game) for football and Lots B2 and B3 (no charge) for men’s and women’s basketball. Cyclone Club members, who purchase a donor football season parking pass and have a state-issued handicap permit, should show both passes to the parking attendant and the fee will be waived while spaces are available.