Quote Feature Not Working

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
For a while I have been unable to quote other's messages in my own reply. I keep getting an error message that says "No messages were selected" even though I am definitely clicking the "add quote" tab on their message. Assistance or suggestions? Thx

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This hasn't worked for me for a year or better. I try to quote one post and it gives me the message. I try to multi-quote and it might quote a single post or it might not. I have given up trying to use it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For a while I have been unable to quote other's messages in my own reply. I keep getting an error message that says "No messages were selected" even though I am definitely clicking the "add quote" tab on their message. Assistance or suggestions? Thx

This hasn't worked for me for a year or better. I try to quote one post and it gives me the message. I try to multi-quote and it might quote a single post or it might not. I have given up trying to use it.
Yeah, doesn't seem to work for me either.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010

I've had the problem intermittently for quite a while, especially on iOS.
Must be fixed?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I almost never use the quote feature. If I want to quote some part of what somebody said, I just hit Reply and then I delete all of their post except for what I wanted to respond to, essentially creating a quote.

Reactions: cycloner29

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I almost never use the quote feature. If I want to quote some part of what somebody said, I just hit Reply and then I delete all of their post except for what I wanted to respond to, essentially creating a quote.
I do that too but you can't when you want to quote two different posts (multi-quote) in your post.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I just tried to multi-quote Turn2 and Larry above. Each time I added to the quote it said message added to multi-quote. When I "inserted quotes..." it told me there were no messages selected.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Audentio

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2016
Rockford, IL
www.audentio.com
Alright - folks who are having the issue.. Try visiting the site while using Chrome's Incognito mode, log in, and attempt to use the quote functionality.

We want to eliminate things like JS blockers, extensions, etc.