Quotes: Jerry Kill on ISU

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Seems like a good coach and has that program really going. That being said I hope we flat out embarass them. Not saying it'll happen, but I'd love to get to the point where we're beating the crap out of these lower conference teams.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
jerrykill.jpg

I find something about NIU's head coach incredibly offputting. Now I don't know if it's the creepy pic (See Above), the fact his name is KILL, or this part of a quote in bold italics:

"What have you seen from Iowa State in your preparations for the Cyclones?

JK:They have an outstanding quarterback, running back and offensively, they return a lot of starters. They are a very disciplined football team and program. I compliment coach. You can tell that they do a good job at what they do. They do a great job of executing. Defensively, again, they are very well coached. They don’t make a lot of mistakes. They were the number two defense in the red zone in the country last year. They are just very sound. I think that the biggest thing is that they can control field position because they are great in the kicking game. Their kicker is a tremendous kicker. They will have a freshman punter this year. I don’t know how he is. Their one from last year was awfully good."

What? Is he Russian?

Reactions: cyhiphopp

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
If we can keep NIU's ground game in check, it should bode well for the rest of the season. If we can't, that may be a bad omen.

This game will be a good measuring stick for our front seven.