RAGBRAI route

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Am I the only one looking at the list of concerts and thinking Meh. Luckily towns like Ames and Des Moines will have lots of options for side parties, etc. Surprisingly I'm probably the most excited to see Bush mainly for the 90s high school nostalgia (and yes I'm fully aware of how that sounds!!)

Bush rips my dude.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Gotta love seeing Bush.
51b474f8-832e-4f7b-a81c-b09b83fee4a7_text.gif

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Are they having the concert in Ames at the JTS parking lot?? I know 2008 they had it in the commuter lots, but that is off limits because of Cytown. I heard they are letting riders go thru Jack Trice again.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Are they having the concert in Ames at the JTS parking lot?? I know 2008 they had it in the commuter lots, but that is off limits because of Cytown. I heard they are letting riders go thru Jack Trice again.
STYX baby!!!

Reactions: bellzisu

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Route takes you through JTS and over the bridge! They put a paved trail from the RV lot up to South 4th. Concert is going to be on main street.

1684246727549.png

Reactions: bellzisu

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Am I the only one looking at the list of concerts and thinking Meh. Luckily towns like Ames and Des Moines will have lots of options for side parties, etc. Surprisingly I'm probably the most excited to see Bush mainly for the 90s high school nostalgia (and yes I'm fully aware of how that sounds!!)
I had to take a look at the list and all I thought of was the line from Deadpool about cancer I'm paraphrasing here 'I'm talking about Yackov Smirnoff opening for the Spin Doctors at the Iowa State Fair ********, and I for one am not taking you to that show!'

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Ankeny handled this so poorly. They claimed to notify people impacted by the route but no one in our neighborhood, that is directly cutoff to the west and south, got notified. With all the road construction going on this adds 30 to 45 minutes to our commute, over an hour if we would have to take the kids to day care with the back tracking. I used to think RAGBRAI was good for all towns, but after this experience let the small towns have it.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Ankeny handled this so poorly. They claimed to notify people impacted by the route but no one in our neighborhood, that is directly cutoff to the west and south, got notified. With all the road construction going on this adds 30 to 45 minutes to our commute, over an hour if we would have to take the kids to day care with the back tracking. I used to think RAGBRAI was good for all towns, but after this experience let the small towns have it.
I live in Indianola, used to live in Ankeny, and saw the route through Ankeny weeks ago. This is on you...

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I live in Indianola, used to live in Ankeny, and saw the route through Ankeny weeks ago. This is on you...
No kidding. Multiple entities from all towns have been blasting the routes out for at least a month (social media, mail, meetings, etc).

This sounds like someone living west of Jack Trice complaining that ISU didn’t knock on their door to tell them about game days

Reactions: DFWClone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
No kidding. Multiple entities from all towns have been blasting the routes out for at least a month (social media, mail, meetings, etc).

This sounds like someone living west of Jack Trice complaining that ISU didn’t knock on their door to tell them about game days

As a resident of Ames, I took my own initiative to make sure that I knew what the route in town was. It was supported by lots of public announcements, but I didn't wait for them to come to me to tell me the route.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
For any of you that were planning a dip at Kings Pointe water park in Storm Lake good luck as of Saturday the town's 2 deep wells are down and they are planning on having both the outdoor and indoor water park shutdown.

Hopefully that will change for you.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I knew about it a month ago and planned around it? Never said I didn’t know about it, was just complaining that the city claimed to notify people impacted and they definitely didn’t. I have elderly neighbors that didn’t know anything about it until I told them.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny

Lol yeah same as living by jack trice that hosts multiple events a year totally could have predicted the ragbrai route this year + the road construction 4 years ago when I bought my house

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

It’s one day.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Route takes you through JTS and over the bridge! They put a paved trail from the RV lot up to South 4th. Concert is going to be on main street.

View attachment 113057
Does anyone have the specifics for the last day? Specifically into and out of Buffalo? Online searches show nothing specific or to this detail. The only one I find is very generic and it says Highway 61 on the last leg from Buffalo to Davenport; which may be partially correct, but Highway 61 does not even go within 2-3 miles of Buffalo. TIA

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I knew about it a month ago and planned around it? Never said I didn’t know about it, was just complaining that the city claimed to notify people impacted and they definitely didn’t. I have elderly neighbors that didn’t know anything about it until I told them.
So you knew about it, but complaining that the City didn't notify you directly?

Reactions: CychiatricWard

Help Support Us

Become a patron