Random ISU Sports Stories

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Was just sitting at my desk and random ISU Sports stories pop into my head. I'm not talking about the obvious ones like LE drinking with KU girls. What random ISU sports stories pop into your mind.

Today mine was when Jared Homan got pubic intox and tried to hid his 6'9" body under a parked car.

Reactions: VeloClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
5348446b6848c.image.jpg

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
The best has to be Kenny Pratt being allowed to play the rest of the semi pro basketball game, then running out of the gym after it was over with his uniform on. Running from the cops. That was epic.

I remember this. Please tell me someone has a video if it somewhere.

Reactions: Drew0311

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Tinsley quotes like:

"I didn't come here on a ******* track scholarship."

or

What are your thoughts on playing at Phog Allen? "It's just another gym."

I also have to throw in this Mike Nurse gem. After the Elite Eight game against MSU:

"I didn't even comb my hair today because I knew it would be a dog fight."

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
To be honest, some of my favorite stories were just shooting the **** with McCarney at Monty's barbershop. No matter how busy, he never budged in line either.
He had like a white Mercury SUV packed to the brim one day and I asked what was in it and he cracked some hilarious joke about his wife's shopping.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
The best has to be Kenny Pratt being allowed to play the rest of the semi pro basketball game, then running out of the gym after it was over with his uniform on. Running from the cops. That was epic.

I can't find it, but they had footage of it on the Des Moines news when it happened, so it has to be somewhere.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I went to the Oklahoma vs Iowa state game one year in Norman. My brother and I got hammered the night before. Walked out of my hotel room at 7 in the morning still drunk wearing boxers. Of course at the exact same time Dan Mccarney walks out in the hall way also. Just looks at me and says “you look like hell Drew” haha. Saw him later on the sidelines and he said “man you recovered pretty quick”.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I went to the Oklahoma vs Iowa state game one year in Norman. My brother and I got hammered the night before. Walked out of my hotel room at 7 in the morning still drunk wearing boxers. Of course at the exact same time Dan Mccarney walks out in the hall way also. Just looks at me and says “you look like hell Drew” haha. Saw him later on the sidelines and he said “man you recovered pretty quick”.
Hair of the dog, I assume...

PragerForce

Feb 23, 2020
Was just sitting at my desk and random ISU Sports stories pop into my head. I'm not talking about the obvious ones like LE drinking with KU girls. What random ISU sports stories pop into your mind.

Today mine was when Jared Homan got pubic intox and tried to hid his 6'9" body under a parked car.
Not knit picking but I believe it was Mizzery girls