Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My FIL is having an angioplasty and possibly getting a stent today. My mom is having the same procedure on Friday. That timing is weird. I guess they are fairly routine procedures. That being said, a little prayer for each would be appreciated. Thanks.

You bet. We all need to lift each other up these days.

Incidentally, kudos for spelling stent correctly.

Reactions: jcyclonee

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I'm thinking Boxster is avoiding us here.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
been a rough couple of hours. I got chewed out at work because another team made a significant adjustment which will put some strain on our network. Right after that, I got into an argument with Mrs. ScottyP because she wants to quit her job and be a stay-at-home mom. I am a little scared because I'm not sure we can make that work based on our budget.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
been a rough couple of hours. I got chewed out at work because another team made a significant adjustment which will put some strain on our network. Right after that, I got into an argument with Mrs. ScottyP because she wants to quit her job and be a stay-at-home mom. I am a little scared because I'm not sure we can make that work based on our budget.
Breathe, always breathe. No quick decisions. Hear each other out. Unless there's an urgency to her thoughts, think about a timeline for discussion.

Reactions: ScottyP

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Compromise might be an option also. Maybe a part-time job while the kids are in school? Unless they're all <5.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Compromise might be an option also. Maybe a part-time job while the kids are in school? Unless they're all <5.
We have a 5 year old right now and a baby due in January. Part of the issue is that her current job (works at a daycare) has a lot of turnover and a lot of people calling in sick which causes her to do a lot of extra work. I just want to get some sort of plan together before we make a decision. Compromise will probably be the answer at least for a year or two. We'll hopefully get something figured out but unknown is a little scary.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We have a 5 year old right now and a baby due in January. Part of the issue is that her current job (works at a daycare) has a lot of turnover and a lot of people calling in sick which causes her to do a lot of extra work. I just want to get some sort of plan together before we make a decision. Compromise will probably be the answer at least for a year or two. We'll hopefully get something figured out but unknown is a little scary.
The unknown always IS. The important thing is that you talk it through and plan it out. And that both of you know what to expect regardless of which way you decide.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If she is already working in daycare maybe she should start her own. That way she could care for the 5 & newborn and make a few bucks as well.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My wife said "WAP" is a better song than "Paradise by the Dashboard Light."

I'm divorcing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron