Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Young boxer is Tommy "Tommy Gun" Morrison, IIRC. An actual boxer who had a cup of coffee with the big boys.
I think he's dead.

Over the Top is a really under-rated movie that touched the zeitgeist of the human condition and was his best work........
not really. It sucked.
Was he Tango or Cash? The main thing I remember is he was wearing fake round glasses to look smart at about the same time I was wearing fake round glasses at Beamers trying to look smart.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think he's dead.

Over the Top is a really under-rated movie that touched the zeitgeist of the human condition and was his best work........
not really. It sucked.
Was he Tango or Cash? The main thing I remember is he was wearing fake round glasses to look smart at about the same time I was wearing fake round glasses at Beamers trying to look smart.
I was going to question you at first when I was reading your like for over the top. I watched a little and it was terrible. A movie about arm wrestling. The only decent one ever was Any which way but loose, and that was because of KC's relative being in it.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I was going to question you at first when I was reading your like for over the top. I watched a little and it was terrible. A movie about arm wrestling. The only decent one ever was Any which way but loose, and that was because of KC's relative being in it.
Was that the “right turn Clyde” one?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Fix and repair day new pulley on the dryer for my folks, took a inventory of needed filters for work that bill is not going to be cheap. They will be in on Friday.

Reactions: dirtyninety

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think he's dead.

not really. It sucked.
Beamers? I didn't know you were a fraternity guy.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Been absent awhile, had my lung biopsy in IC. Anyone know the inside story on Caleb Grill?
He had a long post on Twitter (which was one of the better apologies/statements I’ve read btw). The TLDR version is he’s going through some mental health stuff, said something he shouldn’t have, and is no longer on the team

• Informative

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
He had a long post on Twitter (which was one of the better apologies/statements I’ve read btw). The TLDR version is he’s going through some mental health stuff, said something he shouldn’t have, and is no longer on the team
I wonder if he said something to one of the WVA players(n word?) that Otz simply couldn’t let pass.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nice thing of buying decent bourbon is that if you mix it a little too strong, it’s still decent. I need to stop mixing my drinks in a 24 oz orca tumbler. Hard to gauge.

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
By golly got my blood donation in today. It was supposed to be last Friday but had to be moved because of work. Oh well still glad to get it done.

Reactions: BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Another movie flashback. Me, not even 40 yet, with CWW#2 at the Cooper Theater with it's huge screen. Every time I see this movie I think of her comment in the opening scene where Connery speaks his only Russian in the movie. She whispered to me "His accent is terrible!" Russian language/literature was her major at Washington.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Another movie flashback. Me, not even 40 yet, with CWW#2 at the Cooper Theater with it's huge screen. Every time I see this movie I think of her comment in the opening scene where Connery speaks his only Russian in the movie. She whispered to me "His accent is terrible!" Russian language/literature was her major at Washington.

Can't argue with her on that point. Decent movie though. Stayed closer to the book than clear and present danger (the Columbian drug one) IMO.
Hmm, between her and the Russian heath club girls there seems to be a pattern.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Unless he was playing a Scottish character, his accent was always kind of terrible (even though he was almost always a fun character). I can't even imagine how bad his accent would be when speaking Russian.

I saw the movie on a date at the theaters in Ames. Another accent-related movie that I saw on a date in Ames was Fresh Horses. Molly Ringwold played a country girl with a Southern accent. It was a pretty bad accent. Halfway through the movie, my date and I realized that she had completely abandoned her attempt at a Southern accent.

The Hunt for Red October was a terrific movie. Fresh Horses was not.

Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.