Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My neighbor replace the water heater. It's been sitting on the curb since Friday. I guess they think the junk fairy is going to swing by and pick it up.
I think that is the junk fairy on the right...
6a00e54ffb0bef8834016763ba2848970b-600wi

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well the part that didn't want to go back in did, worked once and is back out. Yes it took basically all day to accomplish that. Back to the shop today, to find out what is wrong.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
If the network team says "We see flapping" one more time......How about you stop the flapping?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It appears as though I did my final project for my class that just ended wrong. Meh, too late to fix anything and I was carrying a 99.8% going into it so maybe it drops me down to an A- or something. NEXT
Update-Instructor has not released the actual grade yet but her comments seem to disagree with the classmates assertion that I did it wrong.

Reactions: NWICY

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just had a cap, sash, and gown get delivered to our house. Our youngest will graduate from IOWA :oops::oops: in a little over 2.5 weeks. We are proud of what he's gone through the last 4 years to get to this point. Wife and I will never wear black and gold, but we respect his decision after playing JUCO football for two years and getting his degree two years after that. We think he is still a cyclone at heart. He's grown up going to a lot of ISU games and tailgated with us when he's home and will wear ISU gear yet. Still trying to decide what I can wear ISU wise as I have always worn those colors every time I've gone there for over 6+ year for work and to see our daughter when she went to school there.

• Friendly
Reactions: RLD4ISU

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Just had a cap, sash, and gown get delivered to our house. Our youngest will graduate from IOWA :oops::oops: in a little over 2.5 weeks. We are proud of what he's gone through the last 4 years to get to this point. Wife and I will never wear black and gold, but we respect his decision after playing JUCO football for two years and getting his degree two years after that. We think he is still a cyclone at heart. He's grown up going to a lot of ISU games and tailgated with us when he's home and will wear ISU gear yet. Still trying to decide what I can wear ISU wise as I have always worn those colors every time I've gone there for over 6+ year for work and to see our daughter when she went to school there.
Predominately gold would be kind of neutral.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Where a plain black shirt. It’s your sons special day, don’t distract from it.

Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Daughter is working on a paper, it’s a group project that basically deals with manufacturing production and assembly. She did a decent job (she said she did the lions share of it) and asked me for suggestions………… I’m trying to balance how to and how much help to give. I managed this for 4 years specifically. I can give a lot of ideas that will work and ways to navigate, but they aren’t the ways that class would say works.

When I taught economics on the side I had profs tell me that solutions I showed were not correct. I could site specific instances where they were the only solution. They couldn’t correct me since they only knew how it was supposed to happen. So there is my dilemma. Give what I think the prof will think is correct I guess.

Reactions: jcyclonee

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Daughter is working on a paper, it’s a group project that basically deals with manufacturing production and assembly. She did a decent job (she said she did the lions share of it) and asked me for suggestions………… I’m trying to balance how to and how much help to give. I managed this for 4 years specifically. I can give a lot of ideas that will work and ways to navigate, but they aren’t the ways that class would say works.

When I taught economics on the side I had profs tell me that solutions I showed were not correct. I could site specific instances where they were the only solution. They couldn’t correct me since they only knew how it was supposed to happen. So there is my dilemma. Give what I think the prof will think is correct I guess.
Sounds like you need to break out the spaghetti (diagram) :D

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Once upon a time I was in school for journalism (aspiring outdoor journalism specifically) and among other things I got out of it because the fundamentals they were teaching were not like what journalism looked like (it's only gotten worse with click bait headlines and the actual information buried in 4 paragraphs of slop).

Of course I ended up going with education which also is not approached from reality.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I ended up helping with the wording so it could be an either/or type of situation. If she had let me read everything more than the night before it was due, I had one other option of an approach but didn't want to try to have her understand the reasoning and fundamentals of it and how it would work.

In a sad twist, the company they were analyzing is a company that sounded eerily similar to a company my sister worked at for 20+ years before her passing. Did the same things and had some of the same problems.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
1714047953340.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron