Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would probably say a blue/navy/grey suit if he has that (or a shirt of that color with khakis if he doesn't want to wear a suit).

We always complain about the Iowa fans who have to wear Iowa stuff to Iowa State events. This isn't any different.
He would be the rarity in a suit. I’d say just a nice polo, if he wants to fight the Iowa thing a bit, wear a red polo with no ISU markings.

I didn’t pay attention if there was any Iowa stuff at my sons because I was just paying attention to my kid. Will be at another in December, so I will look to see if any hawkeye stuff then. I wore ISU stuff, but it was ISU and I’m a grad so that one was a no brainer. Btw, my son said my diploma is much nicer than his. It’s actually Cardinal in color whereas his is red. Exact same degree but just 28 or so years later.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Currently need several things at work from a guy who is a "still employed retiree" which means I will not get what I need to do my job. I'm about to throat chopping mode.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Well the part that didn't want to go back in did, worked once and is back out. Yes it took basically all day to accomplish that. Back to the shop today, to find out what is wrong.
I'm not sure how to take all that. Not even sure you're talking humans or machine.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Just had a cap, sash, and gown get delivered to our house. Our youngest will graduate from IOWA :oops::oops: in a little over 2.5 weeks. We are proud of what he's gone through the last 4 years to get to this point. Wife and I will never wear black and gold, but we respect his decision after playing JUCO football for two years and getting his degree two years after that. We think he is still a cyclone at heart. He's grown up going to a lot of ISU games and tailgated with us when he's home and will wear ISU gear yet. Still trying to decide what I can wear ISU wise as I have always worn those colors every time I've gone there for over 6+ year for work and to see our daughter when she went to school there.
I wore a purple hood and purple tassel at the only graduation I attended in I City. And a black robe, of course, as well as an ISU tshirt underneath everything (as well as other appropriate garments--I say this so BC doesn't comment).

What about wearing a suit of armor and packing a sword? That would look cool.

1714064655319.png

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Paint yourself green and go to bed that night with Ms. Lawman. Tell her she's gonna get Hulk-ed
If that doesn't work, he can always blue himself.
tobiasfunke-davidcross.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JM4CY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just had a cap, sash, and gown get delivered to our house. Our youngest will graduate from IOWA :oops::oops: in a little over 2.5 weeks. We are proud of what he's gone through the last 4 years to get to tis point. Wife and I will never wear black and gold, but we respect his decision after playing JUCO football for two years and getting his degree two years after that. We think he is still a cyclone at heart. He's grown up going to a lot of ISU games and tailgated with us when he's home and will wear ISU gear yet. Still trying to decide what I can wear ISU wise as I have always worn those colors every time I've gone there for over 6+ year for work and to see our daughter when she went to school there.

Sport coat a Cyclone tie. Still remember going to nieces graduation from Carver College of Medicine at Iowa. We men attending wore sport coats...thought med school grad was a big deal.. Still remember one guy wearing overalls and a yellow Hawkeye t-shirt. Likely his dress duds.

PS: I did not wear Cy tie to this. Did have ISU pin on inside of lapel if needed. :)

Reactions: cycloner29

Help Support Us

Become a patron