Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
He would be the rarity in a suit. I’d say just a nice polo, if he wants to fight the Iowa thing a bit, wear a red polo with no ISU markings.

I didn’t pay attention if there was any Iowa stuff at my sons because I was just paying attention to my kid. Will be at another in December, so I will look to see if any hawkeye stuff then. I wore ISU stuff, but it was ISU and I’m a grad so that one was a no brainer. Btw, my son said my diploma is much nicer than his. It’s actually Cardinal in color whereas his is red. Exact same degree but just 28 or so years later.

Mine is just black and white.

And on a stone tablet.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Also very ironic, I share my birthday with Gal Gadot. That should be a good icebreaker in case I run into her at Target.
Mine is be nice day, kissing day, James Bond day, ADHD ….. what are we talking about again, teachers day

And my favorite…..get funky day.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just found out a guy we know passed away in his sleep a few weeks ago. They just found him. We had been wondering where he was. A couple of weeks ago one guy said he spoke to his brother and his brother said he hadn't heard from him either and that he should probably stop by. Apparently he didn't for a couple more weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Just found out a guy we know passed away in his sleep a few weeks ago. They just found him. We had been wondering where he was. A couple of weeks ago one guy said he spoke to his brother and his brother said he hadn't heard from him either and that he should probably stop by. Apparently he didn't for a couple more weeks.
Wow. That's sad.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
As they should be. It is a diploma, not a comic book or a baseball card. This is a classic look:

View attachment 128251

I really hated that Marv Pomerantz's signature was on it, to say nothing of Hitler's twin.
You should have continued with the photoshop to put better signatures in place.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This wind is…….

Forecast for Twin Cities:
  • Friday, winds gusts to 35 mph
  • Saturday, wind gusts to 30 mph
  • Sunday, wind gusts to 30 mph
  • Monday, winds gusts to 30 mph
So, pretty 30 mph most days this month and will finish that way.

Today it hit 39 mph. Boxster no likey. Really ***** with my biking and bird photography hobbies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Ooo. I can co-celebrate with some people on my birtbday.

For @wxman1 - It's Aviation Maintenance Technician Day (kinda sorta his wheelhouse)

And for @ImJustKCClone - National Savenger Hunt Day (again, somewhat similar)

Reactions: wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Forecast for Twin Cities:
  • Friday, winds gusts to 35 mph
  • Saturday, wind gusts to 30 mph
  • Sunday, wind gusts to 30 mph
  • Monday, winds gusts to 30 mph
So, pretty 30 mph most days this month and will finish that way.

Today it hit 39 mph. Boxster no likey. Really ***** with my biking and bird photography hobbies.
I have to drive to Kearney on Saturday. Better roll up the new tonneau cover so the wind doesn't rip it off like the old one

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron