Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Rough night last night. Dropped the water reservoir from my CPAP when I was filling it Thursday night and cracked it. Got out my spare and put it in, and apparently the seal is bad. 2 am Friday morning I'm online ordering a new reservoir. Says if I order before 2p it will arrive the next day. So I figure I can get through one more night without. I get a notification that it has been delivered, and I go outside - not at the front door, not in front of the garage, not in the mail box; I even went over to the shop to see if they left it at the door there (some drivers have done that). No joy. So I came back and got into the order and found the tracking info. Yeah. It was delivered to the POST OFFICE IN MEMPHIS. USPS says it will be here by 9p on Monday.

@stormchaser2014 - did you jinx me?

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Rough night last night. Dropped the water reservoir from my CPAP when I was filling it Thursday night and cracked it. Got out my spare and put it in, and apparently the seal is bad. 2 am Friday morning I'm online ordering a new reservoir. Says if I order before 2p it will arrive the next day. So I figure I can get through one more night without. I get a notification that it has been delivered, and I go outside - not at the front door, not in front of the garage, not in the mail box; I even went over to the shop to see if they left it at the door there (some drivers have done that). No joy. So I came back and got into the order and found the tracking info. Yeah. It was delivered to the POST OFFICE IN MEMPHIS. USPS says it will be here by 9p on Monday.

My wife signed up for the thing where they scan your mail and then email you pictures. Friday was a cluster you know what, my son had a birthday card not scanned, I had a business letter that I think is fairly important not show up, and we received a crapton of other peoples mail (none of the other peoples stuff was in our scans). Fridays are awful for us, must be a sub driver, because I have twice in the last few weeks came home with the mailbox wide open, and once I saw letters across our lawn, the other time was later and I saw nothing.

Other RTTers, I suggest you sign up for the scan notice from the USPS, you will get ill seeing how bad the postal carriers are.

• Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
My wife signed up for the thing where they scan your mail and then email you pictures. Friday was a cluster you know what, my son had a birthday card not scanned, I had a business letter that I think is fairly important not show up, and we received a crapton of other peoples mail (none of the other peoples stuff was in our scans). Fridays are awful for us, must be a sub driver, because I have twice in the last few weeks came home with the mailbox wide open, and once I saw letters across our lawn, the other time was later and I saw nothing.

Other RTTers, I suggest you sign up for the scan notice from the USPS, you will get ill seeing how bad the postal carriers are.
I've had it since it first was offered--informed delivery. Also could tip a person off if someone is stealing their mail as some assorted Hawkeyes and other criminals do! And signing up prevents a scammer from signing up for it FOR YOUR ADDRESS on the sly to monitor your mail as a potential victim.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was offline yesterday afternoon and evening and didn't turn on any news so had to do catch-up on all of the tornado news.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

Memphis is peculiar since we were talking about the ladies from gone in 60 seconds last week.