Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well let's say the 1st mow of the season is done and leave it at that. It was raining pretty good by the time I finished.

Reactions: frackincygy

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
A couple of months ago, we mailed a check to a vendor in Montreal. They called to let us know they hadn't received the check so we sent an EFT. The next day, they received the check. It had somehow been routed through Hong Kong.
Via USPS mail?!?

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Watched the White House correspondent thing tonight. It reminded me of when I used to travel a bunch for work say 15 years ago when my favorite thing was to buy the NYT in an airport and read an incredible 3500 word article on page 5 on a random Tuesday about some important foreign conflict that the regular news just never talked about.

Reactions: jmax71

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Anyone who may question if my great grandfather owns his burial plot, I have the deed from 1894 to prove it. Going through random papers and my ancestors were much better at keeping documents than I am.

• Wow
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Anyone who may question if my great grandfather owns his burial plot, I have the deed from 1894 to prove it. Going through random papers and my ancestors were much better at keeping documents than I am.
When my dad passed away I was going through his desk I found the receipt from his first insurance payment on the house from 1955.

Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I wish I had more patience driving the last tank was pretty much all under 65 and I got a little over 40mpg. Put me on the interstate and I really like 80mph.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I have never really thought much about it or considered myself a believer in paranormal type stuff but my GFIL (grand father in-law) funeral last week has me thinking about it more (paging @ChrisMWilliams ) First shortly after he passed at home while the funeral home peeps were getting him prepared to go their overhead light went off and then a couple of minutes later back on. No one was around the remote for it or the light switch.

Then at the end of the funeral they were playing Frank Sinatra's "I Did It My Way" and this curtain on the side of the altar behind where the pastor was sitting started blowing a bunch. He went reacted in astonishment saying he had been doing funerals there for decades and that had never happened and even pulled it back to show that there was nothing back there. I initially thought someone opened a door or something back there because it near where I would imagine an outside door would be and it was a little breezy but then I looked over at a curtain covering the doorway to the same area on a different wall and it was completely still. Later other family members sitting elsewhere in the chapel said just before that they felt a cool breeze from behind them that made them think someone had walked in late but when they looked no one was there.

There had been some great stories told and a good little message by the pastor along with the family losing it to the song and I kind of chalked it up to him kind of saying "this is too serious now yall need to laugh or something".

First real paranormal type of experience I have had other than a feeling of my grandma being with me a couple of days after my grandmother died while we were doing something at their house.

Just something that I can't get out of my mind.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dude, if I can hear you crystal clear, the guy between us you are talking/yelling at can hear you fine.

When I am out in nature preserves or parks I call them The Loud People (or The Invasion of the Loud People if it's been really quiet prior to their arrival). I can hear their conversation from hundreds of feet away. I frequently hear their voices from 100 yards.