Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
especially paired with a scoop of vanilla :)
Pifwre.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We haven't talked corgis lately.

I was sitting on path along the shore of a small lake a couple of days ago trying to get photos of croaking frogs. Guy and his corgi came walking down the path. Next thing I knew I have a corgi in my lap licking my face. :cool:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Sitting here on yet another disaster recovery test. Scrolling through facebook reels and came across a video with this
1715716427150.png

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Hope I'm not getting sick. I have a bad headache, cold, body aches, and nausea. I mean my stomach is growling but I don't feel like eating anything.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I need at least two more days of sunshine before things are fit. Didn't get stuck with the side by side picking rocks but there were definitely many tacky places and some places I just stayed away from.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So random thoughts on end of life celebrations/funerals. I wonder how they will continue to evolve over the next few decades. I don't know what I would want in my own stuff but I feel like with my parents and older generations the visitation was/is nearly a must go to if you knew the person or a family member. Now my generation (or at least our friends) did not come to the visitation or and only one or two texted MrsWx when her grandfather recently passed away. Granted it was nearly ten years ago I had no friends come or even message me when my grandfather passed away.

Are visitations a thing of the past? Is that a bad thing?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So random thoughts on end of life celebrations/funerals. I wonder how they will continue to evolve over the next few decades. I don't know what I would want in my own stuff but I feel like with my parents and older generations the visitation was/is nearly a must go to if you knew the person or a family member. Now my generation (or at least our friends) did not come to the visitation or and only one or two texted MrsWx when her grandfather recently passed away. Granted it was nearly ten years ago I had no friends come or even message me when my grandfather passed away.

The visitations are a way to gather and talk to the family outside of the funeral setting. Frequently, families want to "cloister" after the service, so the friends and associates are left to just filter out of the sanctuary. It also stems back to when they called it a "viewing", with that whole open coffin thing. Fewer people are going for that now.

For me, my plan is to have them take any usable parts I have left (granted, there are fewer of those as I age) and turn the rest to ash and put the ashes in the root ball of a sycamore sapling and plant it somewhere. If I can't be tall in life, I'll be tall in death. As for actual services, that's really up to my surviving family. The service is for THEM, not for me. I won't be there. :)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Personally I don't want any sort of end of life celebration for me.
My parents didn't want anything either.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron