Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can do mindless work and do it in dumb ways if I don’t really care about the place much. One project I worked on, there really was no need for me but they loved what I did which was basically pass information back and forth. I did several dumb things in dumb ways(that they directed they be done that way) but, hey, they wanted it done that way so dumb it was.

Another co-worker kinda fought them and they weren’t to ever come back apparently.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Posting for @ImJustKCClone

"Friends and family who are worried...
WE ARE FINE!
We lost power AND internet in the house so other than the siren we had no idea what the path was, so we parked our asses in the basement.. Lew managed to reach Becca and she told us the tornado was over Cambridge and heading our way. Iy apparently crossed HWY 30 a mile or 2 west of us and continued NE from there.
All people, cats and property are accounted for. We had very strong winds but don't seem to have any damage to our trees.
Thanks for all the concerned texts...we love you!
Kerry and Lew"

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I really hate how doctors offices will post test results so people can view them before the doctor. Googling medical terminology without context is scary.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I really hate how doctors offices will post test results so people can view them before the doctor. Googling medical terminology without context is scary.
I'm the opposite. I hate waiting for the doc to find time to tell us. I've worked hard at educating myself on our issues, tho.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sometimes I think I should just take a page out of Lester Burnham's book and retire to take a fast food job with no reponsibility.

If our system were magical I'd retire tomorrow and stock shelves or do general cleaning/maintenance etc.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Bought something called Korean BBQ style Beef Udon.
It was from Aldi's it was actually pretty darn good probably a 6 minute meal, 3 packets that you add together. I'd eat it again, should probably read about it and figure out if it would be about as easy to make from scratch. It could have used more beef and mushrooms IMO.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Generator thread got me thinking of when I've had power outages and ended up tossing food. Which lead me to look in frig for expired stuff. Out went the catsup and three or four more sauces. Oldest was 2018.

Saddest was this one below, with an expired date in 2020. Back when I met CWW#2 she lived in Dallas (aka Dollar$, Texas) and I got into this really great sauce. And, of course, they do not make it anymore. :(

1716411631334.png

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Generator thread got me thinking of when I've had power outages and ended up tossing food. Which lead me to look in frig for expired stuff. Out went the catsup and three or four more sauces. Oldest was 2018.

Saddest was this one below, with an expired date in 2020. Back when I met CWW#2 she lived in Dallas (aka Dollar$, Texas) and I got into this really great sauce. And, of course, they do not make it anymore. :(

View attachment 129357
This became a little journey for me and I found one person that states that this is the closest hot sauce they can find to the one you show above. It's evidently not as hot but has a similar flavor and smell.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 164112.png

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

View attachment 129357
It's hot sauce it's probably all right.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Something is running outside, and it has the same tonality as the tornado sirens. Very very very faint.