Random thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmann22

Dec 31, 2007
Pleasant Hill
matmann22.spaces.live.com
Why is the gas price 13 cents a gallon cheaper because I simple drove Under I-80 on Highway 65 ?

Why is Yum brands a sponsor of the the Kentucky Derby ?

Why does it take at least 3 weeks to dig a hole and then pave over it on East Walnut in Des Moines ?

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Drivers me crazy at the grocery store when I go to the express check out lane. There are 4 registers, but only 1 is open. There is a long line, and the person working is just taking his good old time, without a care in the world. And then after waiting and waiting miserably, someone else will come up and open a new register, but it's always the person at the back of the line that gets to go. And in the crazy off chance, that I get to go to the newly opened register, by the time I get there, someone else has already taken the spot. So I lost my original spot in line, and I have to wait in line again.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
how do i make margaritas? i have a handle of tequila and some triple sec

get some limeade (or lime juice), ice and some strawberrries and sugar.

We just did this last week with some frozen strawberries from MIL's garden. Quite delicious.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Roughly how much fruit?

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ultimate-frozen-strawberry-margarita/

this is what I worked off of. If you don't have limeade, you're supposed to do simple syrup and lime juice, but I always cheat and just add sugar.

Just add like 2/3 a cup and see how it tastes. If you want more flavor, add more strawberry. Oh, and we added the liquids and then crushed the ice with it in there. If you're going out to buy this stuff, I would just get a bag of frozen strawberries, not fresh since they'll be way out of season and no flavor. Plus that will help keep it more "frozen" if you want a frozen one, not just over ice.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Is there anything more gross than a house centipede?

NO. Maybe a cockroach.

I took a 3 hour nap today. No shame. I even worked out afterward. So proud.

Oh, and we walked all around a house being built today that we may be interested in. It was probably illegal, but there are no doors on it yet. Kinda cool to see how everything looks underneath.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ultimate-frozen-strawberry-margarita/

this is what I worked off of. If you don't have limeade, you're supposed to do simple syrup and lime juice, but I always cheat and just add sugar.

Just add like 2/3 a cup and see how it tastes. If you want more flavor, add more strawberry. Oh, and we added the liquids and then crushed the ice with it in there. If you're going out to buy this stuff, I would just get a bag of frozen strawberries, not fresh since they'll be way out of season and no flavor. Plus that will help keep it more "frozen" if you want a frozen one, not just over ice.

I had already bought some limeades and some frozen fruit.

Thanks for your help Cowgirl

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
When driving I'll see a shoe in the road and wonder how people lose just one shoe.

Because I'm a sucker, I volunteer to mow the park in our little town (and it's next to our house and i hate it when it looks like ***). Anyway, I'm forever mowing over kid's shoes*. Usually just one shoe. How do kids go home from the park missing one shoe or just one sock?!?!

* - I refuse to get off the mower to move anything unless it's so big it will kill the mower. Let that me a lesson to you kid - leave your crap in the park and I will mulch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.