Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
You're either at a hot air balloon convention, or listening to 80's rock. :D
Wenn Sie zu einem gluecklicher oder huebscher Lieb anhoeren wollten, koennten Sie "Einmal um die Welt" von Cro spielen.

When you want to listen to a happier/cuter song, you can listen to "Once Around the World" by Cro

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Hi guys! I just caught up. To revisit the Halloween discussion:
1 We decided to look at costumes this past weekend. I had no idea how worked through they would be. Thankfully, a e had a fairy outfit from her birthday.
2 Got Z dressed up and took some pictures while she played. Then she started telling me to run. When I asked why, she told me she was a Zombie fairy!
3 After convincing her to leave the house, we ran almost all the way to the park. She only became interested in going door to door when she saw other kids do it.
4 I am glad that half of her candy she can eat. It was fun, but I think we ran/walked/carried over a mile of area. :cool:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hi guys! I just caught up. To revisit the Halloween discussion:
1 We decided to look at costumes this past weekend. I had no idea how worked through they would be. Thankfully, a e had a fairy outfit from her birthday.
2 Got Z dressed up and took some pictures while she played. Then she started telling me to run. When I asked why, she told me she was a Zombie fairy!
3 After convincing her to leave the house, we ran almost all the way to the park. She only became interested in going door to door when she saw other kids do it.
4 I am glad that half of her candy she can eat. It was fun, but I think we ran/walked/carried over a mile of area. :cool:
ZOMBIE fairy? Has she been watching The Walking Dead with Erik? :eek:

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
ZOMBIE fairy? Has she been watching The Walking Dead with Erik? :eek:
When she was younger, she was obsessed with Halloween videos. Some people have even made Halloween versions of nursery rhymes!

So, she's known 'zombie' for a long time. I also told her over the weekend that we could watch Halloween videos again. It took a look long time to get her to watch anything else.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I somehow set my alarm on my phone without remembering doing it last night. After it went off, I laid in bed for a bit. Once I went to get up, I looked at the time, and realized I had set an alarm left over from this past weekend, which meant I was up 40 minutes early.(Stupidish early alumni band call) I was pondering if I should just go back to sleep, or actually get up. That's when I heard distant thunder, and realized I had forgotten to roll the windows up on my car. Luckily, it hadn't/hasn't rained yet, so I lucked out.

But now I sit here dead tired. Ugh.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I somehow set my alarm on my phone without remembering doing it last night. After it went off, I laid in bed for a bit. Once I went to get up, I looked at the time, and realized I had set an alarm left over from this past weekend, which meant I was up 40 minutes early.(Stupidish early alumni band call) I was pondering if I should just go back to sleep, or actually get up. That's when I heard distant thunder, and realized I had forgotten to roll the windows up on my car. Luckily, it hadn't/hasn't rained yet, so I lucked out.

Better than having a wet butt in the car, though.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
WDSM can confirm.

Actually, I'm going to build a new coffee table top, make it glittery, and cover it with epoxy.
I noticed a guy that lived in a town house near our home doing some woodwork a couple of weeks ago. He had run an extension cord from his garage to the border of the wetland across the street. To keep the herpes of art supplies out of your apartment, I might recommend doing something similar. Otherwise, that does sound like a cool table for a woman's place. Show pics (and pics of dancing on top of it) when complete.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

My alarm is set for 5:30am
Saturday the alarm went off so I shut it off and tried to go back to sleep but naturally forgot to turn it off for Sunday. It went off again Sunday morning and I hadn't gotten to bed until 3:00am. Ugh.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yesterday my team started getting tickets that have absolutely nothing to do with our job. I think we are standing at close to 100 and I have been trying to determine why we are getting them and what the heck we should do with them.
I just got an answer back that the tickets are being created with an assignment group that while defined to the system, is not used and the ticketing is set up to default to my team. I just replied Wouldn't the Service Desk be a more logical default?
Waiting for the response to that.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We were at an honor band concert last night for the oldest and thankfully I had silenced my phone before the concert started. Just before they are getting ready to start the first song, ISU Wants Money pops up across my screen.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
CG, how did the cinnamon rolls turn out?

haven't made them yet! Not sure if that will happen this weekend or not.

So far, hoping to:

* purchase taller ladder and somehow get it home
* purchase dirt to fill in around downspout that washed earlier in the spring
* tape off dining room and most of living room
* get paint/another canvas
* paint taped rooms
* weed one more time
* figure out where and what bulbs to plant
* car shopping
* make Chinese steak
* make cinnamon rolls

don't think this will all happen...hoping to at least get the dirt if we have to rent a truck for the ladder anyway. DH can put the dirt out next Friday when he's off. It's just going to be so nice that I wanted to paint and get some outside stuff done. Plus we need to start car shopping, but maybe that will be next weekend.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
Waking up this morning to such a horrifying story about the two metro police officers. What was even worse was waking up to a text from my mother saying "please change your career path.. Love, Mom"

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836
Status
Not open for further replies.