Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Did nobody else see the French film Chocolat about the lady who moves to the village and opens the chocolate shop across the street from the church? OK. it was lame and would have never received any awards if it weren't a foreign movie but at least I can talk about how cultured I am because I watched a lame French movie with a French spelling and French pronunciation.

I saw Amelie once. I kinda liked it. Does that qualify enough to promote me from uncultured swine to moderately cultured swine?

Reactions: jcyclonee

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I haven't heard, but I hope they bring him back. I really think Molitor is a good fit. I just hope ownership feels the same and goes out and gets him some pitching help.

I liked watching him as a player and followed his career from the Brewers to Toronto and then to the good guys. He was the type of player I really looked up to (Tony Gwynn and Kirby were others). I'd have liked Chipper Jones more had he not been such a pain in the Twins' ass.

....nobody tell Chaser that I used to like one of his stupid Brewers.

Not many players I can think of that starred at so many different positions. Molly went from second base to center field to third base, manned everything like he invented it, and hit a ton. Plus carried himself like a gentleman and a champion all the time.

It's kind of funny how many Twin Cities guys ended up with the Twins....Molitor, Morris, Winfield, et al. Frankly, I was surprised Mauer didn't end up a Yankee.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Yeah, I watched that with the vixen not too long ago. Funny part about the movie was, after the lady came, everyone in town all of a sudden got horny. Guess chocolate is an aphrodisiac?
That word's been used twice now. Once for chili, now for chocolate. Next it'll be powdered rhino horn is an aphrodisiac!

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Yeah, I watched that with the vixen not too long ago. Funny part about the movie was, after the lady came, everyone in town all of a sudden got horny. Guess chocolate is an aphrodisiac?
The key was that it was the chocolate mixed with chilies that made people horny, not the fact that Juliette Binoche all of a sudden showed up in the middle of nowhere.

Also, it's no Rochelle, Rochelle.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I haven't heard, but I hope they bring him back. I really think Molitor is a good fit. I just hope ownership feels the same and goes out and gets him some pitching help.

I liked watching him as a player and followed his career from the Brewers to Toronto and then to the good guys. He was the type of player I really looked up to (Tony Gwynn and Kirby were others). I'd have liked Chipper Jones more had he not been such a pain in the Twins' ass.

....nobody tell Chaser that I used to like one of his stupid Brewers.
He certainly seems like a good guy. A couple of years ago we went to Twins Fest and I accidentally walked into Molitor's office. He was totally cool about it, very friendly and hassled me and my son in a fun way. I swear that it really was an accident that I walked into his office.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Let's do this
a61d6811f6761b662043cdde627fde5e--horror-quotes.jpg

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Let's do this
a61d6811f6761b662043cdde627fde5e--horror-quotes.jpg
Glad you're with us. You can bring your bike, right? I'm thinking we might want @WooClone15 in on it too. He can read some mind-numbingly boring passages from his Con Law book. Woo, bring the book that has cases and discussion about the dormant commerce clause...that should be enough to incapacitate anyone.

I not, I'll hit it with the Internal Revenue Code (and regulations).

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wow you people were busy yesterday.

I wish they would bump the speed limit up to 80 on lightly travelled divided 4 lanes like they do in So. Dak.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Clearly the daisy spider poison has compromised Aramis' cognitive functioning. This is NOT a Musketeer sanctioned image.
Barbie_and_the_Three_Musketeers.jpg

The copyright for this movie was registered in 2009. It is clearly a sanctioned image and our family not only owns a copy of the DVD but also the WII video game. Your daughter is welcome to borrow either.

Also, look, they even have little twinkly things around the Three Musketeers tagline.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Barbie_and_the_Three_Musketeers.jpg

The copyright for this movie was registered in 2009. It is clearly a sanctioned image and our family not only owns a copy of the DVD but also the WII video game. Your daughter is welcome to borrow either.

Also, look, they even have little twinkly things around the Three Musketeers tagline.

<sigh> I've seen more Barbie movies than any grown man should. Hell, I've probably seen more Barbie movies than any 6 year old girl should.

I was already married when "Netflix and Chill" became popular, but I'm a big believer in "Redbox and Burn".

Status
Not open for further replies.