Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
**** you April. And **** all of the wind deities that hate me.

"Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 70. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph"

• Dislike
Reactions: harimad

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When we need something sewn or fixed for clothing, we take it to my elderly mom. Gives her something to do besides putting around the house. Today, she needed the machine threaded, so I did that looked at what she had and just did the one myself and threaded it again for a bigger project.

Made me wonder, can most husbands or men do basic sewing?. I never had home ec, but being the youngest on a farm in the middle of nowhere, I had to learn. My wife can’t. I have actually showed my wife several of the non cleaning household things while we have been married. Wife had jobs most of the time growing up.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Another sign of spring, Jehovah's Witnesses and other annoying door-to-door pests. :rolleyes:

Seriously, unless you are with the city or utility company on official business or one of my neighbors don't be ******* ringing my doorbell and pounding on the damn door like you're trying to break it down or wake the dead. :mad:

#grandtorino

Last edited:
  • Agree

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
When we need something sewn or fixed for clothing, we take it to my elderly mom. Gives her something to do besides putting around the house. Today, she needed the machine threaded, so I did that looked at what she had and just did the one myself and threaded it again for a bigger project.

Made me wonder, can most husbands or men do basic sewing?. I never had home ec, but being the youngest on a farm in the middle of nowhere, I had to learn. My wife can’t. I have actually showed my wife several of the non cleaning household things while we have been married. Wife had jobs most of the time growing up.

My mom was a home ec teacher and I was in 4H growing up. She sewed all her clothes through college and still sews things for herself occasionally. She made a couple of my prom dresses and the bridesmaids' dresses at all 3 of our weddings. Helps make Halloween costumes. I can do simple sewing, made a few clothes when my girls were babies and still sew crafty things once in awhile. Hubby could maybe sew if he absolutely had to, would have to google how to do it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, need to go burn off some negative energy, off to LifeTime. I can be assured of not being bothered there, it's totes passive aggressive Minnesota fake nice. ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My mom was a home ec teacher and I was in 4H growing up. She sewed all her clothes through college and still sews things for herself occasionally. She made a couple of my prom dresses and the bridesmaids' dresses at all 3 of our weddings. Helps make Halloween costumes. I can do simple sewing, made a few clothes when my girls were babies and still sew crafty things once in awhile. Hubby could maybe sew if he absolutely had to, would have to google how to do it.

Hopefully you mean you and your two sisters weddings, not all three of yours. :) After the second, I would probably say you are on your own.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I know a Jazlyn who is a senior, she is going to college on a swim scholarship (maybe at ISU? Can't remember, there are quite a few Ame girls swimmers going on to compete in college)

Of that list, Jazlyn is the one I do think I've heard as a name before. The others were new to me.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Okay, need to go burn off some negative energy, off to LifeTime. I can be assured of not being bothered there, it's totes passive aggressive Minnesota fake nice. ;)
Heading to LTF right now myself. Love that place, been spending a lot of time there lately, thanks to this faux "spring" so far.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
got home too late for the neighborhood garage sales. Went out to peruse the leftovers and got $100-$120 of baby stuff for $15. I'll take it!

Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us