Ranking the Future BIG12

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This is one of those make me feel good threads while I take a shot at my rivals. They're always funny but get a star for creative writing.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
1. OSU
2. Baylor
3. Cincinnati
4. ISU
5. Houston
6. BYU
7. UCF
8. TCU
9. WVU
10. KSU
11. Tech
12. Kansas

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Houston has lost 4 straight bowl games but if Holgorsen can add "P5" to his recruiting pitches I think they will be a 7+ win team in the B12.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I was listening to Woody and Stans on the FART talk about the future BIG12 and it got me thinking about where ISU sits in the pecking order. Below are my rankings of where the programs are at IMO.

1. Ok State: I debated between the top 2 for awhile but ultimately decided on this for #1. Gundy doesn't seem to be going anywhere and has shown he can adapt. They have been very good for a long time.
2. Baylor: I hate putting them this high but it is hard to argue against. They have survived multiple coaching changes and have still been very good. Aranda seems like he wants to stick around and is a really good coach.
3. Cincy: They made the playoffs so I have a hard time putting them any lower. It will be interesting to see what happens when they move up into a tougher conference.
4. ISU: The program has been elevated. If recruiting continues to improve and Campbell sticks around we could definitely move up.
5. BYU: I'm sure BYU fans would argue they are above ISU but I would like them to prove it in a league first.
6. TCU: Shown they can compete at a high level.
7. K-State: Klieman isn't Snyder but I think he is solid.
8. WVU: Could see them being jumped by Houston and UCF in the next few years.
9. Houston: Potential is there. Let's see what happens in an elevated league.
10. UCF: See Houston
11. Tech: Lots of Texas competition in the league plus more from the SEC.
12. Kansas: Is Kansas

Interested in other people's thoughts.

Pretty close, but I think I'd rank ISU above Cincinnati, just because the level of competition week in and week out is going to change significantly, and that grind can wear you down if the quality of your depth isn't up to that of your competition.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Pretty close, but I think I'd rank ISU above Cincinnati, just because the level of competition week in and week out is going to change significantly, and that grind can wear you down if the quality of your depth isn't up to that of your competition.
I think that's fair. I gave them they edge because they did make the playoffs. Only around a dozen teams can say that.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
1. Kansas State (obviously)
2. Baylor
3. Oklahoma State
4. Cincinnati
5. Houston
6. BYU
7. West Virginia
8. Texas Tech
9. TCU
10. Memphis
11. Iowa State
12. Kansas

Is that better, @surly ?
It's probably just as valid as the rest of these self-service posts. I'm sorry for wasting time here. Out!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I honestly think BYU is set up for most success. Fastest growing state that had a Pac 12 champ, MWC champ and #13 ranked independent in same year. Utah and BYU have both had seasons outside of a power conference where they could make an NC claim.