Raylan Givens is back

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Watched the first two episodes of the reboot of Justified that debuted last night. IMO, they were just as good as the original series. Timothy Oliphant is older and grayer, but still just as bad ass.

it was my favorite TV show for a long time and I was sad to see it go, but I'm glad it's back.

Reactions: 4cy16

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
Watched the first two episodes of the reboot of Justified that debuted last night. IMO, they were just as good as the original series. Timothy Oliphant is older and grayer, but still just as bad ass.

it was my favorite TV show for a long time and I was sad to see it go, but I'm glad it's back.
I've always wanted to be like Raylan even for a day.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN

It's set 15 years after leaving Harlan, so not a reboot, but a continuation.

I watched episode 1 last night on Hulu and enjoyed it, though I thought it was a little cheesy (and Justified is one of my favorite shows of all time) but I'm hopeful for the rest of this limited series. Episode 1 seemed a little more egregious with the violence, but I may be misremembering the original series.

I am going to start rewatching Justified here in a few weeks.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
BC, I checked today on Netflix and could not find it. I would love to watch it again along with the Shield.
Maybe it was Hulu or prime. Cripes sales, wife and kids have it all. I know I watched it and liked it, lol, just too old to remember which one now.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I watched the first two episodes. Wondering how many people might have missed they were airing two back-to-back? I nearly did.

Thought episode #1 was a little confusing with all of the bouncing around and thought "How does this all fit together?" #2 made that a bit more clear but there is going to be some onion peeling for sure especially with the lawyer gal.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Talking to our ATV guide while in Tennessee, he’s from Harlan, Kentucky. I had to bring up Justified to him.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I don’t know if just a recency thing, but I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted Raylan to crush someone as bad as I do Clement. That dude is just cold blooded.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I don’t know if just a recency thing, but I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted Raylan to crush someone as bad as I do Clement. That dude is just cold blooded.

They should have brought back Alice Witt as Wendy Crow. Raylan and her had unfinished business of the non-killing kind. ;)

Reactions: bos

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
The season finale was really good last night, plus Boyd Crowder is back. I didn't see that one coming. Walton Googins is a tremendous actor. He was fantastic in the Shield and the original Justified.

Reactions: JBone84