Ready to Eat a Little Crow...

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I've ripped on Frank Martin about as much as anyone...but I'll say this for the guy, his teams play hard....and he holds players accountable for their careless mistakes...I'm not ready to declare the guy John Wooden quite yet, but I don't think Kansas State had any business going into Austin or College Station or coming home with a win...and to Martin's credit, he had his guys ready to go.

Btw, I'm still not congratulating him for last year going to the NCAA tourney...any coach in the country could've won with Beasley and Walker on their team...but he's doing a heck of a lot better than I thought he would.

Reactions: cyclonenum1

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
He's never come across to me as a terrible coach anytime I've watched K-State play the last two years. I think he does a nice job. People make fun of him for whatever reason, but it's pretty pathetic if you ask me. K-State is a tough job and they continue to win and win tough games.

I guess if you can't beat him, make fun of him. (Frank Martin's appearance, Mark Mangino, etc)

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
and wayne morgan won in austin and in kansas, but yet pple consider him a fraud. just goes to show, its not always about x and o gotta have the horses to compete

52ynnel

Jan 5, 2009
Agreed. How much would we like to trade places with KSU fans right now. Never thought I'd say that.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
and wayne morgan won in austin and in kansas, but yet pple consider him a fraud. just goes to show, its not always about x and o gotta have the horses to compete

Morgan had the horses to compete...Martin does not this season...at least not to go into Austin and win.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
While UT is vastly overrated, KSU is playing pretty well right now.

Their stadium has had nice crowds and is a lot closer to what Hilton used to be. They play hard defense and have put in some nice scorers with their group of athletes.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
UT is really overrated this year.

They've disappointed in Big 12 play this year...but Abrams, Mason, Pittman, James, and Gary Johnson would all be our 2nd best player...and we would love to have Balbay and Atchley too...they are certainly much, much more talented than Kansas State.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
They've disappointed in Big 12 play this year...but Abrams, Mason, Pittman, James, and Gary Johnson would all be our 2nd best player...and we would love to have Balbay and Atchley too...they are certainly much, much more talented than Kansas State.

they may have some talent but there is no doubting the fact that they haven't done well all year. We almost won on their home floor.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Morgan had pretty good talent, especially his first two years, but he beat teams ranked a lot higher than Martin has this year.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Morgan had the horses to compete...Martin does not this season...at least not to go into Austin and win.

If you look at the class that he has signed for next year, lack of talent may no longer be a problem. 5 star C plus a 4 star & 2 3 stars. He also has a 4 star still playing from the Beasley class.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Their stadium has had nice crowds and is a lot closer to what Hilton used to be. They play hard defense and have put in some nice scorers with their group of athletes.

Agreed. I went to our game in Manhattan last year, and came away pretty impressed with the atmosphere.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I really appreciate these sentiments.....Frank gets beat up around here for no apparent reason.....well, I guess I know why, mostly cause we can't seem to get the best of him. I could care less how he fares on games against teams not named ISU, but I appreciate it when people call it exactly the way it is. He's been successful and he deserves credit for that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron