Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
ACC implosion coming, Yormark is/will be ready a bigger big 12 is a better and healthier conference. Cannot allow ACC to out dual us. When I saw Yormark wanted and got that look in clause for CFP when it comes to expansion/money I knew he’s on it with ACC schools, 3rd party of course.

Reactions: HouClone

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
ACC implosion coming, Yormark is/will be ready a bigger big 12 is a better and healthier conference. Cannot allow ACC to out dual us. When I saw Yormark wanted and got that look in clause for CFP when it comes to expansion/money I knew he’s on it with ACC schools, 3rd party of course.
You (and really everyone including myself) really don’t want to be cheering this. If the ACC implodes this early all bets are off.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: KnappShack

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
If the college playoff payouts per team per conference are what I’ve seen on Twitter we are just never going to be able to bridge the gap with the SEC and B10. College football is broken and I don’t know if it can be fixed.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
If the college playoff payouts per team per conference are what I’ve seen on Twitter we are just never going to be able to bridge the gap with the SEC and B10. College football is broken and I don’t know if it can be fixed.
This has zero effect unless athletes can be paid directly by schools which would either be a hard cap base solution (minimal impact) or Armageddon

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
This has zero effect unless athletes can be paid directly by schools which would either be a hard cap base solution (minimal impact) or Armageddon
“Hey there Mr Big University Donor, I know you usually donate a chunk of change directly to the university but our playoff revenue is literally double the ACC and B12. So if you could just drop that cool million or so in our collective so we can buy better players that’d be super.”

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The B10 like they have repeatedly done in the past is working from the shadows, letting Clemson and FSU take the heat and then if they get free come swoping in the pick over the carcass of the ACC.

I would bet they and the SEC have already agreed which schools are going to which conference if the GOR of the ACC can be broken.
So Friendlyspartian are you saying that the B10 was not meeting and talking to Nebraska in secret before they left, or that they were not in negations with with Mizzu before that? We do know that USC and UCLA approached them, but did they do the honorable thing and tell the P12, or keep negations secret until the schools announced that they were leaving?

The B10 is not any worse than the SEC, but to sit there and act like they are above any talk with a school before they are free is garbage, not hard to think they have reached out to the schools in the ACC, because they have done it before.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
“Hey there Mr Big University Donor, I know you usually donate a chunk of change directly to the university but our playoff revenue is literally double the ACC and B12. So if you could just drop that cool million or so in our collective so we can buy better players that’d be super.”
Big time donors don’t donate millions to a collective, they donate that to the university so they get their name on something. Just like NIL numbers on here are wildly overblown so it the idea that mega donors are somehow behind it.

Also what effect does that have? Miami made headlines with their fraud donor giving out millions and their football team AND basketball team is awful. ISU complains about never having money but they are a 2 seed that can cut down the nets. How’s all that NIL working out for A&M?

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Big time donors don’t donate millions to a collective, they donate that to the university so they get their name on something. Just like NIL numbers on here are wildly overblown so it the idea that mega donors are somehow behind it.

Also what effect does that have? Miami made headlines with their fraud donor giving out millions and their football team AND basketball team is awful. ISU complains about never having money but they are a 2 seed that can cut down the nets. How’s all that NIL working out for A&M?
Football. And there’s nothing precluding a university from naming a building or facility or whatever after a donor to honor their “strong support” *wink wink* of athletes regardless of who ultimately gets the check.
Any revenue to the university can offset what was previously given in donations and they know it and they communicate it to donors.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Football. And there’s nothing precluding a university from naming a building or facility or whatever after a donor to honor their “strong support” *wink wink* of athletes regardless of who ultimately gets the check.
Any revenue to the university can offset what was previously given in donations and they know it and they communicate it to donors.
That just doesn’t happen in the amount you think it does by any account and has yet to happen to be used as an example. Also even if it did show me where one of these types of NIL funds is succeeded. Not working at A&M or Miami. OSU has lost to Michigan 3 times in a row and Michigan isn’t really delivering NIL.

So again unless a university can start directly paying players in different amounts than other universities it doesn’t really matter.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
That just doesn’t happen in the amount you think it does by any account and has yet to happen to be used as an example. Also even if it did show me where one of these types of NIL funds is succeeded. Not working at A&M or Miami. OSU has lost to Michigan 3 times in a row and Michigan isn’t really delivering NIL.

So again unless a university can start directly paying players in different amounts than other universities it doesn’t really matter.
It’s new. As everything begins to settle into some predictable pattern, money will matter. It’s not foolproof, but it’s a leg up.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
It’s new. As everything begins to settle into some predictable pattern, money will matter. It’s not foolproof, but it’s a leg up.
Ok I can’t fundamentally say that money doesn’t matter so I’ll give you that. I just don’t think it currently has a major effect on the field at this time for the reasons I mentioned

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Ok I can’t fundamentally say that money doesn’t matter so I’ll give you that. I just don’t think it currently has a major effect on the field at this time for the reasons I mentioned
I guess I find successful lower money teams to be a better indicator. Like what is the floor to compete. Look at what money did to Washington after this last year.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
No talk from the ACC fans about working or aligning with the Big 12. They are clamoring to poach the Big 12 in order to save themselves. Sounds like the Pac before. Our war time commissioner is going to be needed again.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just give me Duke basketball in the Big 12. The basketball would be flipping absurd at that point.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
No talk from the ACC fans about working or aligning with the Big 12. They are clamoring to poach the Big 12 in order to save themselves. Sounds like the Pac before. Our war time commissioner is going to be needed again.
The reality is, that unless they have a large financial advantage over the Big 12 in media payout, they aren't in position to poach anyone. They don't now, and they sure as hell won't after FSU and Clemson move on.

Reactions: simply1

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Money talks and we saw the offers for the PAC.

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020

You are incorrect about donors giving a million or two to NIL. It happens.

Help Support Us

Become a patron