Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I doubt you get Bay Area - if Cal and Stanford were cool with being in a conference that contained Baylor and BYU, they would have let BYU into the Pac ages ago.

Who says Cal and Stanford don't follow USC/UCLA to the B1G? They're huge brands academically, decent brands athletically, and together they give the B1G a four-team pod in California. Makes some sense.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Let me guess, the two Cali schools go the east and Rutgers and Maryland go to the west. OSU and Mich and PSU will want to play the Cali schools.

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
I thought this was a rumor last summer as well? Not the first time I have heard this. I dont know how that conference is even considered power 5.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
If Washington and Oregon want in the Big 12 then we have to take them. I'm not sure they would rather join what will become a 16-school Big 12 that would be stretching from Seattle to Morgantown to Orlando rather than stick in a Pac-10. But there might not be a Pac-10 if we can successfully pry away Colorado and an Arizona school. Interesting strategy ahead.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Wow was I wrong and misinformed on this one. Seems like USC and UCLA reached out the big ten and wanted to get a deal done quickly on the sly like OUT. Big ten floated the numbers to the media people and got a lot of positive feedback on just adding the two schools as opposed to going larger. Nothing has been voted on and the presidents have yet to weigh in on it but if this pans out I need to eat some crow on this one.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Every big brand joining the B1G and SEC is not good if you don't have a place at the table, and it seems unlikely ISU has a place at that table.

Not good for the sport, but then neither were the last 157 rounds of realignment. Happy to be spectating on this one.

Reactions: HouClone

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Only if ISU is one of the 6

Original 6 Big 12 members. ISU, KSU, KU, OSU, Tech, and Baylor. Throw them together with Arizona, ASU, Utah, Colorado, Oregon State, and Washington State. BYU and Houston can come too I guess lol