Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Makes you wonder though. If this were really about the agenda item, compensation for the president or whatever it was, would they have gone dark? So we at least know that they are discussing it and it may just be Arizona informing ASU of their intentions formally. Perhaps we even see resolution tonight or a request to join.

In Iowa, there are a ton of allowable reasons for a closed session in a BOR (public) meeting -- including performance evals of the university presidents and the executive director.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The worst part about all this, is that when the SEC goes to 20 there's a greater than zero chance that Utah gets a bid.

Nope. There’s 4 teams in the ACC that are ahead of Utah. Especially if they fall to the MWC for the next 8-10 years. I don’t see the SEC going that far West. Their only shot is the Big10 and that’s going to be a more difficult ticket than the SEC.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Money is a ****** up thing. Why would, out of all the people in the world a prince from Nigeria contact you, gammy Mabel in Bopunk, Nowhere? But, they did, this is my chance and the money, look at the money I'm going to get from this prince. I mean the guy is a ******* prince, he has to have a few more contacts than random strangers on the internet.

None the less, my point is a dangled carrot is a phrase for a reason. As much as the rest of the college football world sees the guy for the charlatan he is, GK has been able to dangle that carrot in front of the PAC for a reason. Their egos. They all feel they are more important than what they are. And GK is the con man feeding their egos. He knows his time is up, he knows he's ******, might as well milk their bank accounts as long as you can and cash that paycheck.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Money is a ****** up thing. Why would, out of all the people in the world a prince from Nigeria contact you, gammy Mabel in Bopunk, Nowhere? But, they did, this is my chance and the money, look at the money I'm going to get from this prince. I mean the guy is a ******* prince, he has to have a few more contacts than random strangers on the internet.

None the less, my point is a dangled carrot is a phrase for a reason. As much as the rest of the college football world sees the guy for the charlatan he is, GK has been able to dangle that carrot in front of the PAC for a reason. Their egos. They all feel they are more important than what they are. And GK is the con man feeding their egos. He knows his time is up, he knows he's ******, might as well milk their bank accounts as long as you can and cash that paycheck.
This would be on the mt Rushmore if he’s quiet quitting the Pac12

loyalson4evatru

Feb 14, 2016
It's Greed, pure and simple. Some brands are worth more than others. Why share when you can have it all to yourself?
as soon as TV $ became driving force behind every decision you knew it'd all go to hell
no rivalries matter anymore, can't travel to many road games it's too far. teams 3 time zones apart.
dumbest crap i've ever seen.

nothing will ever be settled unless you stick to regional alignment.

you can't let top 10-20 football programs control entire NCAA structure. it's insane.

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
I don't see why Fox wouldn't happily agree to pay for the B12 to go to 16 teams if they were told that UW and Oregon were definitely going to be added if they say yes. Let UA and ASU decide who wants to be the last, 16th chair at the table, and we are done until the ACC breaks up. No Utah.

Reactions: hoosman

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Nope. There’s 4 teams in the ACC that are ahead of Utah. Especially if they fall to the MWC for the next 8-10 years. I don’t see the SEC going that far West. Their only shot is the Big10 and that’s going to be a more difficult ticket than the SEC.
You don't think the SEC would be interested in that 3rd (or 4th if they just play later) time zone? If not, that's good for a 20 team Big 12. Again not saying they're a lock, just that I could see it happening and the Utah fans would be terrible.

What 4 ACC schools do you see in the SEC? Do they bring more value than an extra time zone?

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
You don't think the SEC would be interested in that 3rd (or 4th if they just play later) time zone? If not, that's good for a 20 team Big 12. Again not saying they're a lock, just that I could see it happening and the Utah fans would be terrible.

What 4 ACC schools do you see in the SEC? Do they bring more value than an extra time zone?
Everyone assumes the SEC wants FSU, Clemson, VTech and Miami. Pretty obvious fits when it comes to football. And any of those four would be far preferable to Utah football.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Everyone assumes the SEC wants FSU, Clemson, VTech and Miami. Pretty obvious fits when it comes to football. And any of those four would be far preferable to Utah football.
The SEC would not take FSU & Miami- they already have the Gators.

IMO FSU, Clemson, UNC and Virginia are going to be fought over. Miami is a big target, but they might wait until FSU decides.