Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A potential ACC/PAC merger (which I can’t see happening in reality, for all the reasons we’ve all discussed) is giving me strong vibes of something, somewhere, from out of the past … can’t quite put my finger on it … what does it remind me of?

Oh, yeah
View attachment 115193
That's already out the window lol

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING lol. An hour ago the conversation was completely flipped and they were going to sign this GOR and they didn't want the B1G deal. Now it's right back to where it was last night in that they're waiting to sign off..
this is fkn great content

we need a cf discord just to keep up

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
All I know is the PAC messed up not putting all of this on tv the last month. They could have paid for their own deal at this point. Seriously, just look at the fever pitch in here the last hour alone. This all made into some sort of tv product would have garnered some eyeballs.
Yup, "Lie To Survive: Starring George Kliavkoff"

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Those three schools need to talk to one another and get this **** figured out. I have like two more things I have to do this morning for work before I'm golfing this afternoon, and I can't get that done with all the yelling!
I can't imagine Arizona actually gives two ***** about UW and Oregon. A lot of this started (or at least kept going) when they were pursuing the big10. Its only now that they are not getting full shares that they are second guessing the offer coming. I think all three schools go, and as much as I love Tempe, I hope UU and ASU are left behind.

Reactions: NWICY

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING lol. An hour ago the conversation was completely flipped and they were going to sign this GOR and they didn't want the B1G deal. Now it's right back to where it was last night in that they're waiting to sign off..
Not gonna lie, I bit on it. But seriously, the more you think about it, would GK and the PAC do it any other way? Their whole Mantra has been, "We've got it, here it comes, just two more weeks."

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm behind and might end up eating crow on this but I still think Arizona comes aboard. This is last second desperation by the PAC

I only have some insight/connection to AZ through a contact (no other schools) but I’m nearly positive if they don’t join it’s because they had no choice at all for some reason.

That would make them somehow very different from every other state school that has moved wherever they want to. The amount of money, power and prestige in the CA state university system dwarfs arizona and UCLA got out pretty easily.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Three things are happening (in order of importance):

1. ESPN/FOX is trying to not spend more than they need to
2. Washington/Oregon are in bargaining mode with the Big 10 to try and get the best deal they can
3. The Arizona Board of Regents doesn't want ASU & Arizona to be in different conferences (not that its impossible but that appears to be their desire). Add in that the ASU President is doing everything he can to try and keep the Pac together.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not gonna lie, I bit on it. But seriously, the more you think about it, would GK and the PAC do it any other way? Their whole Mantra has been, "We've got it, here it comes, just two more weeks."
I sort of took a nibble but I just couldn't wrap my head around all of it yet and before I could even allow myself to think they could take such a stupid deal, the deal was scrapped lol.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
willy-wonka-suspense.gif
I think we all turned into Rupert Salt for a moment there.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Unless the B1G give UO and UW and outright "no" I don't see a scenario where they don't jump, even at a low ball number. The long term payoff is just too much to turn down, even if it will hurt in the short term. Imagine if ISU was offered a reduced share to get into the B1G. What's the lowest number we would take to do so?
That’s why I was so surprised this morning to see they “lost momentum”. They’ll negotiate to get a deal done. One party might have cooled during talks last night, but I doubt there wasn’t an outright “no”

Help Support Us

Become a patron