Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
Going through this stuff twice in a couple of years is too much. I'm glad it's over. It is over isn't it? At least for now?

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Going through this stuff twice in a couple of years is too much. I'm glad it's over. It is over isn't it? At least for now?
For now. Next cookie to crumble is ACC. Clemson and FSU want out desperately. But who wants them? I doubt the SEC wants FSU. I can’t see the big 10 accepting them. But FSU won’t be happy unless they are in one of those two conferences

I am a firm believer we are heading to one super conference. And I hope I’m wrong.

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
For now. Next cookie to crumble is ACC. Clemson and FSU want out desperately. But who wants them? I doubt the SEC wants FSU. I can’t see the big 10 accepting them. But FSU won’t be happy unless they are in one of those two conferences

I am a firm believer we are heading to one super conference. And I hope I’m wrong.
Bruh, SEC would take Florida State in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Yaz and CnG

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It's hard to imagine when the next time could be that the Big 12 is the fractured and poached. Every school we're adding could have been added by SEC/B10.

I'm guessing we expand to 20, 22 or 24 again in 2-5 years when FSU/Clemson somehow break their GOR.

• Disagree
Reactions: RealisticCy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No hoops only schools. Hold for now, scoop up some ACC schools later if the right opportunities come available.

Gonzaga and UConn will always be available to us. No rush.

The ACC remnants will talk to UConn for sure when the Big 10/SEC hits them like tornado, but B12 would simply have to ask UConn at that time and they'd surely chose B12 over ACC minus top brands.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Would not surprise me if this the the beginning of the end for the CyHawk.

Because at 18+ teams Big Ten going to 10 game schedule?

The weird thing is, as much as that makes sense, SEC clings to 8 games as if it's the most important thing ever.

It's brilliant really, a way to be the best conference without playing the toughest schedules.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Here is where I’m at after all this craziness. Get to 16 with the 4 corner schools in football. Go to 18 in basketball ONLY. Add Gonzaga and Uconn. Make them both a basketball only school. Wait until ACC falls apart and then reevaluate.
Where is the money coming from? Serious question. I don't want ISU taking a monetary hit, no matter how small, so we can add a couple of basketball schools we really don't need right now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron