Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

loyalson4evatru

Feb 14, 2016
The funny thing is I've heard people convinced we would be east and others convinced we'd be west.

Obviously we are literally the most north.

Divisions (and pods) are extinct, but it's still fun to think about.

if it's East West no clue how you can look at a map and say we'd be West. we're literally the 4th most Eastern school and by far closest to Cinc & WV.

i'd bet it's some type of "3 nearby rivals" you play every year, then other 12 you play every other year.

just worried they'd give us Cincy WV UCF as our rival games instead of Kans KSt OKSt.

we shall find out eventually but now i'm most curious how they decide on the schedule.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Poor New Mexico
New Mexico will be fine. It'll be in whatever the New PacMWest becomes. No worse of a situation.

Reminds me, during maybe the 2nd wave of realignment, I was pushing for UNM to get Big 12 invite, as a sleeper. Of course that was assuming Pac-12 would exist indefinitely so none of those schools would become available.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
if it's East West no clue how you can look at a map and say we'd be West. we're literally the 4th most Eastern school and by far closest to Cinc & WV.

i'd bet it's some type of "3 nearby rivals" you play every year, then other 12 you play every other year.

just worried they'd give us Cincy WV UCF as our rival games instead of Kans KSt OKSt.

we shall find out eventually but now i'm most curious how they decide on the schedule.

KSU/ISU is like the third longest continuous series so hope that continues...although I bet they want KU every year too.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I'm not wild about our 3 rivals potentially being ucf, wv, and cinncy...would not be a great outcome........I really hope they make Houston play those guys

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Why? It’s a central location for a national conference. Also, KC just built a brand new airport terminal which is an improvement for fan travel.
I was very impressed with the KC airport in March. It surpassed all of my expectations, and was such a better experience than in previous years when the terminal turned into Lord of the Flies on Big 12 Tourney weekend.

• Agree
Reactions: agentbear and JP4CY

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
KSU/ISU is like the third longest continuous series so hope that continues...although I bet they want KU every year too.
I think its the longest continuous now...at least without looking I believe so.

edit: longest "never interrupted"

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
As the most northern school, ‘Winter is Coming’ seems like a layup marketing ploy..(insert two snare taps and cymbal tap here)…

Reactions: MugNight and tzjung

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I'm still in the just add Arizona and pause at 14. If we go to 16 then add Washington State and Oregon State. The are better fits and don't duplicate TV markets. Plus it adds two more rivalry games with Big 10 schools.

• Haha
Reactions: simply1

peachy

Oct 14, 2006
Did you ever think in your lifetime you would see the demise of a national, powerhouse conference, completely dismantled in about 3 days? PAC 12 has some amazing traditions, rivalries, and a lot of national championships. It was gobbled up, and now will probably be just a memory for most people.

Kind of bittersweet, but more of a reflection of the greed and power of these universities. Money is the only thing that matters in college football, nothing else matters. Not the fans, not the alumni, not the coaches or staff, just the dollars. What an amazing turn of events, and like some have said, better to be at a crowded table, than to not be at the table at all.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
What are the top 2? I'm guessing Minnesota-Wisconsin is one of them, but ....?

I tend to have trouble find "longest-continuous" even with extensive search. ... Easy to find "most games played."