Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I wouldn't put much (any) stock into anything from the Locked On Big XII network.

Even though one of the hosts manages the archnemesis of the Savannah Bananas, the Party Animals.
okay forget their commentary. Without a bigger tv payout, how does ISU afford this? Do they drop out at that point.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
okay forget their commentary. Without a bigger tv payout, how does ISU afford this? Do they drop out at that point.
By cutting every non-revenue sport, same as every other school. But paying players directly has been inevitable for years now, so anytime there's "news" like this it doesn't move the needle for me.

At this point I'd rather just get it over with and reach the final iteration of college sports to see whether or not I should keep caring/supporting.

Reactions: clone2003

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Didn’t JP already mention they have started budgeting/developing a plan for this? Iowa State football and basketball isn’t going anywhere. Might look different but they won’t get rid of what brings the money in.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Title IX will be really interesting to see how it is applied. Will they need to keep the M/F ratio intact and will they have to be paid similarly. If so that may make this a real challenge due to the numbers involved in football.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I didn’t watch the video (can’t stand the new host) but why was Iowa State specifically mentioned in the headline?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I didn’t watch the video (can’t stand the new host) but why was Iowa State specifically mentioned in the headline?
Because he believes ISU is one of the schools that wont be able to afford $22M per year payments to players.
I mean I might agree with him on that. Not sure how we afford that, without some extreme measures.

Reactions: ClubCy

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Because he believes ISU is one of the schools that wont be able to afford $22M per year payments to players.
I mean I might agree with him on that. Not sure how we afford that, without some extreme measures.
The kid certainly has grown up in the clicks and engagement era just by scrolling through the titles of his videos. My goodness.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Drake Toll is nothing more than the typical shock jock podcast. He’s like this all of the time whether it’s Iowa State or not. Used to watch his podcasts and shows but caught on really quick how truly awful he is.

• Agree
Reactions: Nolaeer

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Drake Toll is nothing more than the typical shock jock podcast. He’s like this all of the time whether it’s Iowa State or not. Used to watch his podcasts and shows but caught on really quick how truly awful he is.
He’s not even a shock jock he’s a wannabe. Impossible to listen to. I miss the old guy. Why did he get fired again?

• Agree
Reactions: Nolaeer

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

He routinely uses ISU as the "example school" that will drop out when things get bad.

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
Just win. That will go a long way to stopping the "example school" talk and fill up our coffers with the money we need to eliminate perception that we are some also ran school based on the athletic budget.

Don't hand these guys easy talking points. It won' happen overnight.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Just win. That will go a long way to stopping the "example school" talk and fill up our coffers with the money we need to eliminate perception that we are some also ran school based on the athletic budget.

Don't hand these guys easy talking points. It won' happen overnight.
I wish you could have given that pep talk 30-40 years but unfortunately that ship has sailed. It’s all about brand and eyeballs at this point.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I wish you could have given that pep talk 30-40 years but unfortunately that ship has sailed. It’s all about brand and eyeballs at this point.
Yeah, it helps to win, and we might as well at least do that. But that's not enough anymore. We've had schools have some really good runs that didn't do them any favors when it comes to this stuff. Things like TCU to the Big 12 is about the biggest step you can get.

Look at the insane run Boise State was on for like 15 years. Hasn't/didn't help them one bit. Heck, go over to men's basketball. You have UConn, which has been the most dominant program for the last 25 years and it's still a debate whether they are a blue blood.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Yeah, it helps to win, and we might as well at least do that. But that's not enough anymore. We've had schools have some really good runs that didn't do them any favors when it comes to this stuff. Things like TCU to the Big 12 is about the biggest step you can get.

Look at the insane run Boise State was on for like 15 years. Hasn't/didn't help them one bit. Heck, go over to men's basketball. You have UConn, which has been the most dominant program for the last 25 years and it's still a debate whether they are a blue blood.
Well said. Heck look at Florida State. They went undefeated this season and missed out on the CFP. Yes they had injury issues, but being a P5 champ and locked out is insane. Powers at be had to protect their asset (SEC).

This is a program that went to 36 bowl games in a row. Countless NFL guys. 3 Heisman winners. 2 national titles since 1999.

The whole thing has lost the plot.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
According to College Sports Finances Database, here is the revenue from 2022/23 that each school brought in.

Arizona The year before they had $124 million
Ariz. St $114.5 million
Cincin. $89 million
Colo $127 million
Houston $ 82 million
ISU $115 million
Kansas $128 million
KSU $ 102 million
OSU $ 122 million
TT $ 144 million
UCF $ 84.6 million
Utah $126 million
WV $ 105 million

Baylor, TCU and BYU are private schools and therefore no information was available. Not sure why Arizona did not load but they had $103 million in expensive for 2022/23. The new schools are going to get a bump in revenue over what they were bringing in, but ISU is not nearly as in bad shape as the video wants you to believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClubCy

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
I only watch his videos to constantly correct him about Iowa State. The 365 guys used to also, but have gotten better. Our voices matter. I still don't get why people use ISU as the garbage school example. Its totally not true. We do many things well and some people just don't get it or refuse to believe it even if the proof is in their face.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
According to College Sports Finances Database, here is the revenue from 2022/23 that each school brought in.

Arizona The year before they had $124 million
Ariz. St $114.5 million
Cincin. $89 million
Colo $127 million
Houston $ 82 million
ISU $115 million
Kansas $128 million
KSU $ 102 million
OSU $ 122 million
TT $ 144 million
UCF $ 84.6 million
Utah $126 million
WV $ 105 million

Baylor, TCU and BYU are private schools and therefore no information was available. Not sure why Arizona did not load but they had $103 million in expensive for 2022/23. The new schools are going to get a bump in revenue over what they were bringing in, but ISU is not nearly as in bad shape as the video wants you to believe.

Rev is one thing, but how much of that is left over after all expenses? Last I checked we are using pretty much every dime right now. So it will have to come from somewhere.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Rev is one thing, but how much of that is left over after all expenses? Last I checked we are using pretty much every dime right now. So it will have to come from somewhere.
Most of the schools in the conference was clearing very little money, TT made the most after expensive, but 4 or 5 schools were spending more than what they are bringing in. ISU cleared about 50K over expenses, if this would pass, every school in the conference would be in the same boat, needed more money that what we are already bringing in.