Recommended Contractor(s)- Des Moines

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Hi all.

I live in Pleasant Hill- we had some tornado damage. Fortunately the touchdown was a few blocks away so it could have been worse…

We are going to need to replace siding (and patch some holes), roof, fence, deck, garage door, gutters, and some other minor repairs.

Does anyone have recommendations for contractors in the DSM area who they have had a good experience with?

I’ll attach a few pictures for those interested…
Damage aside, glad you and your family are safe.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Jaeger and associates do a lot of work for ISU and across all of Iowa and even into Nebraska I was told. They may be full for the year but joel is worth a call.

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
Damage aside, glad you and your family are safe.
Thanks. Honestly, it could have been SO much worse. We are very lucky that we were at least a few blocks away from where things were really bad.

The cats were definitely terrified, and they may never forgive me for failing to control the weather.... But other than that, we are all healthy and in good spirits!

Reactions: chadly82 and NWICY

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I posted in the weather thread but I am the sales manager at a local company in Urbandale. We do roofing/siding/gutters/windows. Please check us out. There are some good companies out there but absolutely be wary of the companies that while may have a local branch, have just set up shop in states all over the place. There are quite a few out there.

Reactions: Cycsk and NWICY

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I had a good experience with Waddle Exteriors after the deracho and when we had some minor repairs to do when selling the house.

Gutters, roof, and siding
I had an up and down experience with Waddle after last year's hail storm.

Mainly it was the point of contact and the communication that was the issue. The work was phenomenal once it got done.

Insurance replaced the gutters but not the downspouts because previous owners had painted them which Insurance claimed gave an extra level of protection. Waddle included downspouts in the gutter replacement, so they absolutely deserve credit for that.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I posted in the weather thread but I am the sales manager at a local company in Urbandale. We do roofing/siding/gutters/windows. Please check us out. There are some good companies out there but absolutely be wary of the companies that while may have a local branch, have just set up shop in states all over the place. There are quite a few out there.

We used Wagoner to repair our hail damage. I recommended them to others in our neighborhood and they have used them too. Our main contact was an Iowa State fan that I had previously met at our tailgate.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron