Recruit List (Online Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Recruit List (Online Version) v2.0

I realize we have a recruit list that was created and has been updated by madcityCY which I and I'm sure several others have enjoyed to look at. I've taken it one step further and have included a few additional features, including links to their profiles and the ability to link to highlights or important news and made it all available online (no more downloading to view).

It would be great to work with madcityCY along with all of you to keep it updated on a regular basis. This thread can also be used to request any changes or ideas to the current format, as well as give updates similar to the previous '12/'13 recruit thread.

I'm still working on some of the pages, but the 2012 has been completed with the only exception being the links of interest. Let me know what you think...

Iowa State Mens Basketball Recruiting List

Last edited:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Nice freaking work! I am bowing down... not worthy.

Now I know what your PM was about - at first, I couldn't tell what you were talking about, and then I figured it was CF Spam... Sorry, but will definitely continue to post what I glean, and help keep it updated.

First item to update: it sounds like Tyler Ennis plans to visit this fall... Which is awesome. Don't remember the source or mention - it was posted by Simeon else in the orig. thread.

Cyclone_Grav

Jul 13, 2007
Des Moines
Nicely done! This or something very similar would be nice to have linked to cyfan for both football and basketball.

I know you can get the info from rivals or scout, but i come here more and itd be nice to have all the info in one place.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
We're not in Kamari Murphy's final list. I don't know how/if that changes your info. Great stuff.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Nicely done! This or something very similar would be nice to have linked to cyfan for both football and basketball.

I know you can get the info from rivals or scout, but i come here more and itd be nice to have all the info in one place.

One thing I have noticed is that Rivals/ Scout/ ESPN are SLOW to update the offers profiles. Twitter (while somewhat less reliable info) is FAST and free.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
I updated the 2013 guys with their latest numbers and links...

We're not in Kamari Murphy's final list. I don't know how/if that changes your info. Great stuff.

I went ahead and made a change under the status to "Offered - Not Listed" to show that we offered, but the player no longer lists us in their favorites or interested group. Does that seem reasonable?

Also, I've been trying to order them in the way that those that we have offered and have/will visit are at the top, then those with just offers, followed by those that we've shown interest and finally those who we were interested/offered and have chosen other schools.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com

I thought about football, but man that would be a bear to try and keep updated with all of the scholarships available! Would love to do it, but the time commitment is too much; at least for me.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Also, for 2012: Early and Webster- Chan are both intending to make visits this fall. Not sure if Early has an offer from us - I imagine he does if he's visiting, but I haven't seen it explicitly written.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Nice. Thanks for posting. Interesting that there are only two recruits in all four years in-state, one is at a juco and the other has verballed out-of-state.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Finished my updating for the night, all years are now up to date with links (where available) and their latest numbers. I even through in the first couple links to highlights for Bernardi & McCullough...

Glad everyone enjoys it...

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
I went ahead and added a link to CloneState1028's scholarship breakdown page just below the recruit list... If there is anything else people want added to make this page a one-stop shot let me know and I will see what I can do...

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
I went ahead and added a link to CloneState1028's scholarship breakdown page just below the recruit list... If there is anything else people want added to make this page a one-stop shot let me know and I will see what I can do...

Presentation suggestion: it should be possible to "pin" the names so that when you scroll to the right the names are always visible. It would make it a little easier to follow.
Thanks to you and Madcity for doing this.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
I realize we have a recruit list that was created and has been updated by madcityCY which I and I'm sure several others have enjoyed to look at. I've taken it one step further and have included a few additional features, including links to their profiles and the ability to link to highlights or important news and made it all available online (no more downloading to view).

It would be great to work with madcityCY along with all of you to keep it updated on a regular basis. This thread can also be used to request any changes or ideas to the current format, as well as give updates similar to the previous '12/'13 recruit thread.

I'm still working on some of the pages, but the 2012 has been completed with the only exception being the links of interest. Let me know what you think...

Iowa State Mens Basketball Recruiting List

Mods, if you don't feel this needs it's own thread please merge with the ongoing...

Great work! My only suggestion would be to alternate colors every other line so it is easier to follow across when you scroll.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Cyrok, I wish I could do that as that was my original intention but it seems that the online application I'm using does not allow you to freeze columns. I'll keep looking into a few other options to see if I can get that to work though as I agree it would be easier.

I can alternate line colors (white & gray) so that you can follow a little better in the meantime, thanks MNCYWX!

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Bernardi "likely" deciding before Sept:
Twitter

I believe he is visiting us in late Aug... or so I thought I read a few weeks ago.

It's down to SMU, Fordham, Hofstra, and ISU... (one of these is not like the other)
Twitter

FWIW, Braziller calls him the best shooter in the city. I know some aren't sure about him , but after seeing the highlight vid, he is a well-rounded player.

We have NWC and CleAnthony Early supposedly visiting yet this fall. Can't see Hoiberg accepting a commitment without those guys getting their visits in.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Before NWC deleted his twitter account (late last week) he said he was going to narrow down his list soon. I'd link to it.. but as I said, it's not there anymore.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
We have NWC and CleAnthony Early supposedly visiting yet this fall. Can't see Hoiberg accepting a commitment without those guys getting their visits in.

Do we have any confirmation on whether we have offered Early yet? I know he is visiting, but I haven't seen anything regarding an offer yet...

Also, I updated the lists to include some shading to every other row in an attempt to make it a bit easier to read.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Still not sure if Early has an offer from us. I do know by his tweets that he is in Pullman, WA this weekend, visiting WSU.

@scoutfocus has a list of 8 schools for Javontae Hawkins. ISU is not one of them.

Cato2handjam

Nov 26, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Really good job SvrWxCy, this is a great snapshot of our recruiting efforts. One piece of information that I would like in the first cell (A1) would be the amount of scholarships available for that year. Again, thank you for the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron