Recruiting Coaches

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Question for someone that understands how recruiting duties are split up within the football coaches. Obviously, Bobby Elliott is the recruiting coordinator.

On rivals, it lists each current commitments primary recruiter. That is if you look at our current commitment list and click on other info.

How do the coaches decide who the primary recruiter will be for a certain player? I always thought they split it up geographically or by position, but that doesn't appear to always be the case by looking at that list.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Question for someone that understands how recruiting duties are split up within the football coaches. Obviously, Bobby Elliott is the recruiting coordinator.

On rivals, it lists each current commitments primary recruiter. That is if you look at our current commitment list and click on other info.

How do the coaches decide who the primary recruiter will be for a certain player? I always thought they split it up geographically or by position, but that doesn't appear to always be the case by looking at that list.

I think it is either by geography(the Burnhams do most of the Florida recruiting) or position coach(Herman seems to recruit the QBs). I think it is more geography, based on Elliot being familiar with California, and him being lead on the California recruits.