RECRUITING: Cyclones zeroed in on three for spring period

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Assume if we have 3 schollies to give, we wouldnt take all three of these mentioned? So we have room for a grad transfer.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Nice. This is the exact plan we need. Jucos + HS + transfers.
I would guess we wouldn't take all 3 of these, but some combination of these and a guard or scoring wing transfer would be ideal.

I am a huge fan of Shakur Juiston. Dude just knows how to rebound the basketball.

I also think, if the scholarships allow it, we're in a great position to take a really good sit out guard.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Like what I've seen of Yetna and the very little I saw/read about Juiston is promising. Yetna looks raw (sorry in advance if this stirs up any old jokes) but very athletic, active, and another lefty which I'm starting to think Prohm likes to have around. Would need some time to get accustomed to playing at a Big 12 level but he looks to have loads of potential. Juiston could be that undersized guy who plays huge and tough a la Melvin and Hogue. Just imagine if we had a guy like that this year.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
Sign 'em all. I'm sure we'll lose another existing player.

Yep. I think we will have at least 4 more scholarships this year. I can see landing two of the three and then another wing. The fourth is a probably a best available player scenario.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
theres a link to the scholarship chart, but the scholarship chart is wrong. I don't want CF being accused of fake news.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
Article links to 'most recent' scholly chart......that lists Feazell. Oops.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
We have to have 4 spots. I don't think Simeon Carter will be back. He's had a golden opportunity sitting in front of him this entire year and hasn't played a single meaningful minute.

• Agree
Reactions: psychlone99

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Article links to 'most recent' scholly chart......that lists Feazell. Oops.

Fill 2 of the 3 scholarships in the spring, and hold out the 3rd for the best sit out transfer or Post Grad Transfer sounds like a solid plan.
Of course it won't be the worst situation to finish the spring with all three open. There'll be a couple of more names to pop in April that will intrigue the fans it'll just be a little stressful for the staff to compete with other programs for top end of those to impact the team early.